Accountant needed at Zola Electric. The position role includes, but is not limited to, assisting with accounts payable queries and escalate any unresolved queries to the Finance Manager and Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Accountant Job at Zola Electric
Job Title: Accountant.
Job Location: Lagos.
- Zola Electric is seeking an experienced Accountant who will be a part of the Corporate Controller’s organization. The role focusses on Tax & Statutory compliance, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivables, Bank reconciliations and Fixed Assets in the organization
- The person works with local stakeholders and suppliers on queries and reports directly to Accounting Manager
- Timely preparation of accurate due tax schedules for review by the finance manager
- Timely payment of all due taxes, proper filing of tax declaration & local compliance reporting
- Maintenance of up-to-date tax certificate before the expiry of existing tax certificate
- Liaise with external tax consultants
- Assist in payroll processing by verifying correctness & accuracy of the payroll, capturing the payroll entries into the financial system, subsequently paying the payroll.
- Manage the imprest process in the country
- Preparation of staff loans, staff advances and staff sales commission’s schedule. Reconciliation and run report for review by the finance manager
- Assist service managers in maintenance of accurate and up-to-date service/installation agents’ data for buy-in deduction and any other deductions as applicable
- Capture journals into the financial system for approval by the finance manager
- Assist with accounts payable queries and escalate any unresolved queries to the Finance Manager and Corporate Controller
- Monitor the handling of petty cash, collation of supporting documents/receipts and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation for the annual external audit and internal audits by ensuring that working paper files and the necessary supporting documentation is made available
- Monthly preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and follow up.
- Maintain proper records and filing systems to ensure completeness, validity, and accuracy of financial transactions
- Fixed Asset Management – Manage the asset tagging process based on input from the central team that maintains the asset register.
- Participate in a physical inventory (PI) to test what has been recorded in the asset register to confirm the existence of the assets, ensuring that any missing assets are promptly written off.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Participate in weekly Core Team Meetings and monthly Performance Review Meetings
- Liaises closely with the finance manager to provide the necessary updates on day-to-day activities
- Liaise with the central accounting team on accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Maintain sound working relationships with financial institutions, relevant authorities, especially Revenue Authority
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
Academic and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience, ideally 3-5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting principles
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Work under pressure
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Zola Electric.
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
Check More Jobs at ››› Zola Electric
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: