Water Treatment Plant Superintendent needed at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). The position role includes, but is not limited to, planing preventive, repair and maintain all water plants, drinking water place, sewage and swimming pool plants. The ideal candidate should possess B.Sc/HND in MechanicalWater Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields.
Water Treatment Plant Superintendent Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job Title: Water Treatment Plant Superintendent.
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo State.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Plan preventive, repair and maintain all water plants, drinking water place, sewage and swimming pool plants;
- Install and maintain multi-stage vertical turbine and surface Pumps and Blowers;
- Maintain associated appliances such as Aerators, Compressors and level control systems;
- Initiate treatment plans and supervise the supply of about 1.2 million litres of high quality drinking water per day;
- Supervise treatment and safe discharge of about 8,000 litres of waste water per day;
- Treat and maintain high quality swimming pool water of about 385,000 litres;
- Ensure quality control of all waters: drinking, sewage and swimming Pool;
- Initiate procedures for purchase of spare parts and treatment chemicals;
- Supervise water treatment operation and the management of staff;
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in MechanicalWater Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields with minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a reputable water treatment plant.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of water plants maintenance and treatment techniques.
- Have good interpersonal skill.
- Be honest, trustworthy and hardworking and be able to coordinate shift duties.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Deadline: 29th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
About International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Check More Jobs at ››› International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: