Unit Head – Inspection & Examination Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
Job Title: Unit Head – Inspection & Examination.
Report to: Head, Broker Dealer Regulation
Department: Broker Dealers Regulation Department
Grade: Unit Head – I & E
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, September 3, 2018
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of the Nigerian capital market rules and regulations, broad inspections and examinations or audit experience, as well as a strong analytical background, including stellar academic credentials.
- Identify and implement effective controls to mitigate risk in function specific areas.
- Provide quality service, efficient and effective decision making.
- Conduct Off- site and On-site inspections and examinations of Dealing Member Firms in line with The Exchange’s risk based supervision framework and preparing inspection reports within the stipulated timelines
- Manage the implementation of the inspections and examinations programme
- Develop KPI’s for team members and provide the required leadership to drive an effective inspections programme
- Conduct pre- trade inspections of newly licensed firms to confirm that all requirements are met before clearance to commence trading can be granted
- Conduct pre-branch opening inspections to ensure that Branch and Representative Offices of Dealing Members meet the standards set by The Exchange
- Conduct Spot checks and other ad-hoc inspections where necessary
- Conduct off site reviews / financial analysis of audited accounts/ returns
- Provide assurance on the integrity of the inspections and examinations processes
- Liaise with relevant departments and units within the Exchange in the course of inspection and examination related activities
- Review of inspection reports prepared by other members of the inspection team
- Assessment of Dealing Member Firms to ensure that they maintain the requirements of their membership status
- Review Dealing Members financial performance
- Review Dealing Members compliance profile with the NSE market rules
- Track recommendations in inspection reports and liaise with the Monitoring and Enforcement unit to implement enforcement actions as appropriate
- Initiation of disciplinary procedures against defaulting market participants on completion of on-site inspections
- Maintain a schedule of on-site and ad-hoc inspections
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Department
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years of overall professional auditing and financial management experience; practical capital market operations or financial services experience in a similar environment.
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Project Management
- Research and Analysis
- Microsoft Office Packages.
- Inter-Personal Relations.
Application Deadline: 7th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Check More Jobs at ››› Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: