Team Member, Capital Market Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
Job Title: Team Member, Capital Market.
Job Location: Nigeria
Report to: Head, Legal Department
Division: Shared Services Division
Department: Legal Department
Grade: TM, Cap Mkt Matters-Legal
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, September 3rd, 2018
- The Legal Services Department is within the Shared Services Division of The Exchange. The Exchange needs a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, good people management skills, and the ability to work as a team player to support the Capital Market Matters Unit of the Legal Services Department in order to provide advisory support services and manage and mitigate risk.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of the Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong legal background, including stellar academic credentials.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising in a qualitative manner legal documentation of all types, including simple and very complex contracts within agreed timeframes related to capital market issues and transactions
- Providing enterprise wide legal support on a myriad of capital market issues in a timely and qualitative manner
- Providing legal opinions and advice as requested by other employees of The Exchange and the Council of The Exchange in respect of capital market related issues
- Providing legal advisory services regarding capital market related issues to the Council, Council Committees, and subsidiaries of The Exchange
- Working with other business departments on legal issues involving capital market related matters
- Resolving the legal capital market issues in line with the law, best practice and international standards
- Attending meetings with third parties and stakeholders regarding legal issues involving the above stated matters
- Minimizing the exposure of The Exchange and its subsidiaries to legal liabilities
- Ensuring compliance of the enterprise with all applicable laws, and providing sound legal advice on legal obligations and implications on the enterprise’s business conduct, transactions and policies
- Drafting documents
- Participating as representative of the legal function in Committees and Projects across the enterprise related to Capital Market matters
- Supporting the business in finding creative ways to meet organizational objectives
- Relating as one of the representatives of The Exchange with various Government agencies
- Ensuring KPIs are met
- Ensuring cost effective service provision for all services provided by the Capital Market Matters Unitin accordance with SLAs
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Capital Market Matters Unit or the Head of the Department.
- Capital Mkt Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Inter-Personal Relations
Qualification and Experience
- A Law Degree with 3 – 8 years’ experience
- Proven track record of strong performance managing against deliverables
- Top tier law firm experience: transactional
- Experience within the legal function of a listed company, top tier capital market or financial industry operator is a plus.
Application Deadline: 13th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Check More Jobs at ››› Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: