Team Lead, Learning & Development Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange
Job Title: Team Lead, Learning & Development.
Job Location: Lagos.
Department: Human Resource Group
Report to: Head, X-Academy Department
Grade: Team Lead, L & D
Start Date: Wednesday, 31st October, 2018.
- The Learning and Development Team Lead (as a subject matter expert) will be responsible for the overall Learning and Development strategy of The Exchange.
- She/he will be responsible for designing the learning, development and growth plans for employees and support the overall business strategy through various learning and development intervention initiatives.
- The Learning and Development Team Lead (as a subject matter expert) will be responsible for the overall Learning and Development strategy of The Exchange. She/he will be responsible for designing the learning, development and growth plans for employees and support the overall business strategy through various learning and development intervention initiatives. The main focus of the role will be: Design, development, delivery and management of a world class learning strategy and solutions for The Exchange
- Drive corporate and strategic HR priorities with regards to Leadership and Management development, functional competency and organisation wide improvements in Learning and Development etc, through the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a range of effective development interventions
- Ensure that organizational Learning and Development programs are consistent with The Exchange’s mission, vision, learning and Talent Development strategy
- To develop a holistic learning approach based on the thoughtful assessment, identification, and prioritization of Learning and Development requirements, and design, develop, deliver and manage fully-integrated Learning and Development solutions
- To develop and implement corporate-aligned strategies that will enhance the employee experience and drive organizational growth
- Develop, analyze and report HR measures that support Talent Management and Organisational Development (OD) initiatives and illustrate impact on the business
- The role shall be responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees and the effective development, coordination and presentation of Learning and Development programs for all employees. Assess organisation-wide developmental needs to drive learning initiatives and interventions. Identify and arrange suitable learning solutions for employees. Actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, empower and enhance performance.
- The role will have responsibility for Learning and Development Strategy, Learning Intervention Management, Instructional Design, Competency-Based Learning Development and Management, Career Development, Graduate Trainee Programme, Research/Policy Development, L&D Standard Operating Procedures, L&D budgets and Managing risks associated with the Learning and Development Function
- Serving as the Learning and Development Team Lead, this position reports to the Head, X-Academy at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Learning and Development: Develop and implement Learning and Development strategy and framework to guide the development and growth of employees
- Partner with the Organisation’s Management team to analyse, develop and implement HR development activities to support business needs and objectives in consultation with the OD team and other HR and organization wide stakeholders
- Design an organisation wide strategy and plans to meet learning and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, where applicable manage this activity via external providers
- Develop ad hoc curriculum relevant to critical business initiatives and other departmental / functional needs, and analyse learning evaluation data and metrics to diagnose gaps, identify opportunities and implement changes to ensure content is current, relevant and delivered in the most efficient and effective manner
- Communicate and collaborate organisation-wide with key stakeholders to improve Human Resource capability and learning resources to deliver best practices, create effective learning solutions and leverage programs and existing resources throughout The Exchange
- Work with business and function leaders at all levels in the organization to develop and implement courses and curriculum to meet on-going needs of employee groups based on analysis of needs and ensuring program sustainability over time
- Responsible for the delivery of developmental initiatives to staff, including training, coaching and the effective utilisation and application of available online resources
- Support the development of a robust overall HR strategy in support of corporate objectives whilst embedding a continuous improvement culture around HR service delivery
- Maintain advisory/consultative relationships with subject-matter experts who can provide input to or deliver on Learning and Development initiatives
- Drive Learning and Development strategies within the organisation in support of the organisation’s objectives and , working closely with Line Managers, TM and OD teams, and Head-X-Academy to develop a learning intervention initiatives
- Support The Exchange’s strategy by consulting, challenging, advising and educating business leaders on “best in class” learning and development practices
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed learning activities to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed; develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of mediums
- Develop metrics, analytics and reporting based on programs and participants feedback that demonstrates results of learning activities delivered to the business, and ensure highly evolved data analysis & metrics process is in place for ongoing reporting to the organization
- Gather and analyse data on pre- and post-training feedback/survey and prepare Learning and Development analytics for Management reports
- Oversee the day-to-day internal activities of The Exchange Learning Center which includes Training Facility. Responsible for the Learning and Development budget – preparing, overseeing, managing and tracking spend and revenue
- Maintain Learning and Development spending against the Divisional/Departmental and organizational budget
- Plan all Learning and Development budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by organisational planning and budgeting systems
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc as required
- Overall coordination and planning of The Exchange team bonding strategies/initiatives, employee retreats, town hall and divisional meetings, etc
- Responsible for Learning and Development “risk review” wherein key features of the L&D function are itemized, risk mitigators and aggravators are identified, and a risk assessment is performed: Employ continual tracking of key risk indicators (KRIs), such as the allocation/utilisation of the learning and development budget per employee, critical needs, “knowledge learning and unlearning process” etc and advise Head-HR and management appropriately
- Competency Development and Management and Career Development
- Collaborate with the OD team in the design and implementation of an organization wide Competency Framework and carry out assessments within adequate and specified timelines. Collaborate with the OD team in the design, development and implementation of corporate and functional/behavioural competency framework aligned with The Exchange strategy
- Design a platform that enables The Exchange to apply various approaches to effective learning and development, including an approach to organizational wide mentoring and coaching – building our internal capability and ensuring that we build capacity
- Plan and participate in community events with regards to education and career development and administer career development programs
- Collaborate with the OD team in the implementation of the career development strategy, and connect the career development strategy with the HR Strategy and the Business Strategy
- Lead and manage the development of different development programs for specific groups of employees and talents, and regularly assess the results of development programs
- Collaborate with the OD team in leading strategic organization wide projects focused on the development of high potentials and leaders within the organization
- Graduate Trainee Programme and Internship Management Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of The Exchange Graduate Trainee Program (GTP)
- Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the GTP including planning, budgeting, organizing, leading, and controlling program activities by liaising with recruitment vendor, faculty members, training facilitators and other stakeholders as required
- Plan the delivery of the overall GTP and its activities in accordance with the goals of the program Maintain effective relationships with vendors, consultants, etc. and Service Level Agreements and ensure compliance with terms of service
- Research/Policy Development and Standard Operating Procedures Develop, review and maintain Learning and Development, , GTP, etc policies, guidelines, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for conducting regular research and liaising with professionals across various industries to ensure Learning and Development best practices in the organisation.
- Analytical Thinking
- Cost Management
- Knowledge Management
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Knowledge Sharing
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/ Bachelor degree in Social Management Science disciplines, preferably in Human Resource Management
- Membership of a professional body- CIPM,CIPD, NITAD, PMI, SHRM, etc is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in delivering Learning and Development functions or HR generalist or specialist experience
- Two years of project management experience
- Experience using a range of psychometric instruments for development purposes. Coaching qualification is desirable.
Application Deadline: 10th September, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Check More Jobs at ››› Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: