System/Network Engineer needed at Netcom Africa Limited. The position role includes, but is not limited to, configuring, testing, and maintaining LAN/WAN equipments and related services. The ideal candidate should possess relevant qualifications.
System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa Limited
Job Title: System/Network Engineer.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Short Summary of the Job
- To support and maintain all IT architecture both internal and in client’s location. This position is also responsible for administering up to 100 desktops as well as all company servers, printers, phones, and other peripherals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Provide network–related user issues as escalated
- Assist in network project design and implementations
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution
- Maintain necessary documentation on both network issues and projects assigned
- Maintain and troubleshoot Apple servers (Open Directory) for a middle-sized environment (less than 200 computers)
- Set-up of computers for staffs
- Troubleshoot application and hardware issues on both user and server levels
- Aid in maintaining that all servers/computers/peripherals are in good working condition
- Perform servers and other computer asset maintenance (regular and ad-hocs)
- Maintain hardware and software updated inventory
- Resolve all application (emails, applications, etc) related issues
- Participate in designing and implementation of various systems/application projects as requested by the client.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Advance knowledge in routing (EIGRP/OSPF) and switching (VLAN’s, STP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge in SNMP and other network management protocols/systems
- Advanced knowledge in QoS principles and use of different QoS appliances
- Able to identify network issues, propose and implement actions to resolve the problem
- Experienced and knowledgeable on different wireless technologies (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) design, implementation, optimization and troubleshooting
- Must be highly resourceful
- Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be a team-player
- Certifications (CCNP/CCDA/CCIP) is a plus
- Understanding of wires and wireless basic networking
- Ability to use an Apple Macintosh system
- Ability to manage and support 1st and 2nd level issues on an Apple Macintosh system
- Ability to manage and support 1st and 2nd level issues on a Microsoft Windows System
- Basic understanding of Directory Services on both Windows (Active Directory) and Macintosh (Open Directory)
- Understanding of hardware configuration of both Apple and Windows devices is highly desirable
- Intermediate understanding of DNS, DHCP, Filesharing (with or without SAMBA)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to document activities and issues
- Ability to support basic applications like MS Office and others
- Must be a team-player
- Certification on Apple environment is a plus.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Netcom Africa Limited.
Netcom Africa Limited has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
Check More Jobs at ››› Netcom Africa Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: