Senior Officer, Financial Audit Job at Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc)
Job Title: Senior Officer, Financial Audit.
Job Location: Abuja.
- This position ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, reports to one or more member(s) of the Internal Audit senior management team.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well documented.
- Organizes personal efforts to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Higher National diploma in Accounting with minimum of Upper Credit.
- A minimum of at least 3 years post qualification experience preferably in a reputable audit firm.
- A recognized professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, and ANAN)
- A good working knowledge of IFRS with certification.
- Good knowledge of audit procedures, including techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting financial audits.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes and ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently in asking clarifying questions to ensure work is directed wholly towards desired outcome.
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- A good knowledge of computer applications
- A good analytical skills.
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility.
Application Deadline: 26th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to: [email protected]. The subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.
About Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc).
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja.
Check More Jobs at ››› Abuja Electricity Distribution Company
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: