Senior Instructor needed at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML). The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of Class 2 Deck Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State.
Senior Instructor Job at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
Job Title: Senior Instructor.
Job Location: Office – Bonny Island, Rivers.
- Responsible for carrying out curriculum design, development, implementation and evaluation (validation) of scenarios and courses while conducting, instructing and accessing on marine deck and engine simulator based trainings, as well as proficiency assessment of personnel prior to promotion or job assignment in accordance with the NSML Integrated Training Strategy (NITS).
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare, instruct and assess courses for marine deck and engine simulator based training and facilitate the development of course curriculum and new opportunities with appropriate expertise. Keep abreast of new regulations and changes in the industry and effect such changes in the course delivery.
- Function as an expert resource in matters relating to simulation including educational design and delivery, evaluation and the use of the simulator equipment in maritime research for providing solutions and continuous improvement of the company’s business.
- Maintenance of the simulator equipment and other educational tools to ensure reliability. Providing technical support and assistance in setting up and testing of the simulation equipment. Compliance with the equipment manufacturer Long Term System Service Plan and ensuring value for money service agreements.
- Review training processes and recommend procedural or policy change to improve operations as well as the continuous review and improvement in the implementation of the NSML Integrated Training Strategy.
- Maintenance of training records, reports and appropriate archiving in accordance with approval standards. Assess and record student achievement, monitor student performance and maintain records. Assist in student guidance and learning support.
- Carry out orientation of new instructors to principles of simulation training and debriefing techniques. Conduct competency based trainings and assessment, and provide feedback from trainees and instructors.
- Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and demonstrated abilities in the simulator. Actively develop employee through training activities, review their performance and jointly carry out proficiency assessment of personnel prior to promotion or job assignment in conjunction with the HR, terminal and fleet manager.
- Ensure compliance with the accredited MCOE (Maritime Centre of Excellence) QMS (Quality Management System) and training standards. Contribute to the growth and development of the MCOE/NSML business activities and ensure adherence to the company’s HSE policy.
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 2 Deck Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State
- Academic degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years in the Marine industry including service on Gas and or Oil tankers and must have attained up to the rank of Chief Officer and above for not less than 2 years.
- Shore side operational/technical experience in an oil or gas terminal, marine simulator facility or within a reputable & internationally recognized Ship Management organization will be an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 5th September, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
About NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited.
Check More Jobs at ››› NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: