Regional Program Manager Job at CAMRIS International
Job Title: Regional Program Manager.
Job Location: Abuja.
- The Regional Program Manager (RPM)’s primary role will be to manage the Maiduguri field office and support activity development and implementation. Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the RPM supports the development of the program strategy for Borno State and reviews activity ideas generated by CAMRIS staff, local partners, and international organizations.
- S/he will also oversee the identification of potential grantees, partners, and the development and implementation of activities. Other responsibilities will include advising the COP and USAID/OTI on the evolution of the local political, security, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the USAID/OTI program in Borno to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
- The RPM will oversee the implementation and monitoring of each activity idea and clusters of activities from conception through closure, and ensure that activities, activity documentation, and monitoring and evaluation reports are accurately captured and shared with the Abjua principal office and USAID/OTI.
- S/he will also ensure financial, procurement, administrative, security, and all CAMRIS policies and procedures are followed by the Borno-based staff and reporting is completed on-time.
- As the head of the field office, the RPM is responsible for both directly supervising program staff and overseeing and coordinating the work of indirect reports.
- Manage a field office in terms of financial and administrative management, program development and implementation, as well as grant and activity development and implementation.
- Coordinate with the COP, who is responsible for coherence of program strategy and activity development program-wide, and supervise the PDOs and the activity implementation and support staff in his/her respective office.
- Directly supervise program implementation staff to identify local grantees and partners, consultants, and other program implementers, and develop targeted, high-impact activities which meet the objectives of the program
- In coordination with and at the direction of the COP and USAID/OTI CR, contribute to the development of overall program strategy in Borno State.
- Review activity ideas presented by PDOs and ensure cleared activity ideas are entered into and developed in the USAID/OTI database.
- S/he will also oversee the identification of potential grantees and stakeholders and the development and implementation of grant, direct delivery of goods and services (DDGS), and short-term technical assistance (STTA) activities.
- Advise the COP on the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the NLCB regional program to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
- Conduct frequent meetings to review and discuss status of activity development and implementation and determine next steps and assign tasks to both program and operations staff.
- Oversee the programmatic and implementation monitoring of each activity.
- Ensure that activities and reports are accurately captured and shared with the principal office in Abuja and USAID/OTI.
- Supervise and ensure proper preparation and filing of all activity documents, updating of the USAID/OTI database, and ensuring all necessary documents are uploaded to OTI/Anywhere and that hard- and soft-copy files are established, updated, and complete in CAMRIS’ cloud-based file management system.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist (MELS) to develop, monitor, evaluate clusters of activities and make recommendations for how individual and clusters of activities can be monitored and evaluated.
- Supervise enforcement of proper financial, procurement, and general operational protocols and reporting in the field office.
- Ensure that the field office maintains compliance with USAID and CAMRIS regulations in regards to auditing requirements and policies and procedures with regard to activity implementation, procurement, financial management and overall office management.
- Ensuring the relevant staff use, maintain, and upload information at a minimum weekly to the USAID/OTI Activity Database, and that data is consistent and complete.
- Working with the COP, Senior Operations Manager/Deputy Chief of Party (SOM/DCOP), and security subcontractor to support personnel safety and staff care and security of persons, information, and goods directly related to implementation of individual activities.
- In collaboration with the COP, activity management team staff, and USAID/OTI, undertake analysis of the local context in Borno State and neighboring countries in the Lake Chad Basin (LCB) to develop program activities and approaches which are relevant to and appropriate for the context.
- Contribute to and update all required reports, documents, success stories, activity idea tracker, activities tracker, and other program-related and program-management files.
- Develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships with all NLCB offices, USAID/OTI staff, local partners, grantees, local government authorities, subcontractors, international NGOs, donors, UN, and other key stakeholders.
- Directly supervise the PDOs and indirectly supervise all activity management team staff as well as Procurement, Finance, ICT, Logistics, and M&E staff.
- Provide direct oversight to and day-to-day support for the management of all functions carried out in the field office with special focus on and accountability for the effective management of program activities.
- Coordinate with operations staff, as appropriate, for activity implementation to ensure that all procurement, finance, logistics, and programmatic aspects of each activity are being implemented on-time and in accordance with the specifications of the approved activity.
- Supervise and ensure proper and timely implementation of procurement processes in accordance with the CAMRIS operations manual, activities management guide, procedures in place, and notably through the effective use of CAMRIS’ cloud-based operations management platform, USAID/OTI database, and OTI Anywhere.
- Perform other duties and activities, as required, for the successful management of the field office and effective implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the program strategy.
- Directly and indirectly supervise and provide guidance to all staff based in the Maiduguri field office.
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four-year university degree in Political Science, Development, Sociology, Law, Social or Political Science, or related field.
- Minimum six years of work experience.
- Four (4) years’ relevant experience including experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO with some demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting and financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting, and procurement).
- Experience with activity design as well as development and management of projects, preferably including both community-level and national-level activities.
- Experience with developing and administering grants programs, preferably in-kind and small grants.
- Capacity to understand and analyze local, national, and regional politics; guide program staff in creatively designing grants, DDGS, and STTA activities that relate to the current political environment; and ensure that activities are appropriately implemented, monitored, evaluated, and closed-out.
- Demonstrable prior working experience on donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrable prior work experience in programs requiring community-level engagement.
- Willingness and ability to develop in-depth understanding of USAID/OTI’s program performance management processes, tools, and best practices.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community participation/engagement-type projects and violence prevention.
- In-depth knowledge of northeastern Nigeria and the NLCB program’s target states and communities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and develop creative and innovative approaches to monitor activity outcomes and impact and support the program to evolve and hone strategy, goal, and objectives based on findings from action research.
- Ability to work with local, national, and international partners and third-parties supporting M&E.
- Ability to draft well written succinct reports.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise,and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs and commitment to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Prior experience working in northeastern Nigeria and/or a conflict environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience with remote management in transition environments highly desired.
- Experience in northeastern Nigeria and/or Lake Chad Basin highly desired.
- Candidates from northeastern Nigeria or the Lake Chad Basin region highly desired.
- Prior experience with USAID- or US Government-funded projects.
- Proficiency in one or more of the local languages used in northeastern Nigeria (Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulfulde, etc.) and/or French
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About CAMRIS International.
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Check More Jobs at ››› CAMRIS International
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: