Project Officer needed at Atiku Center – American University of Nigeria (AUN). The position role includes, but is not limited to, reporting to the Agriculture Specialist, the Project officers, one at each local government authority (LGA), will be responsible for community engagement and sensitization, constant and proper monitoring and follow-up on farmers and FBOs activities within their LGA of assignment. The ideal candidate should possess relevant qualifications.
Project Officer Job at Atiku Center – American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Job Title: Project Officer.
Job Location: Mubi Project Office with Travel to Other Project Field Locations.
Project: Building Resilience through Sustainable Agriculture
Department: Atiku Center
Duration of Employment: Two (2) Years
Summary of Position
- Reporting to the Agriculture Specialist, the Project officers, one at each local government authority (LGA), will be responsible for community engagement and sensitization, constant and proper monitoring and follow-up on farmers and FBOs activities within their LGA of assignment.
- These Officers are the entry point of the project in the communities together with CBOs Field Staff. They conduct regular field-visit in the communities of intervention.
- They support state and LGA extension workers in organizing the logistics for the trainings.
- The officers at each LGA are also responsible for ensuring that within each LGA, there are demonstration plots that are functional and can be used for training purposes.
- The Projects Officers also support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position on donor funded projects.
- Evidence of experience working with government and NGO partners required
- Hausa language proficiency, preferred.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University and Project Donors.
Application Deadline: 29th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their Resumes/Cover Letters (same page) and references to: email@example.com. The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
About Atiku Center – American University of Nigeria (AUN).
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
Check More Jobs at ››› American University of Nigeria (AUN)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: