INTERSOS Nigeria, an independent humanitarian organization, is looking for Project Administrator. The position role includes, but is not limited to, managing the local personnel of the Echo Projects funded by Coopita and Echo. The ideal candidate should possess Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
Project Administrator Job at INTERSOS Nigeria
Job Title: Project Administrator.
Job Location: Maiduguri, with frequent mission on the ground (Ngala, Bama, Dikwa and Magumeri (LGAs), Borno.
General Context of the Project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram driven crisis (herein, Armed Opposition Groups [AOGs]) has crippled north eastern Nigeria. The Borno State continues to be most the affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) . Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 26 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno but have also revealed the extent of the crisis. In newly accessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, and most local governance systems are not functional.
In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is proposing to continue provide services through a one-year integrated project that will address critical gaps in health, nutrition, protection and WASH services for a highly vulnerable population in host communities and IDPs camps in the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Ngala (Ngala-Gambaru), Bama (Bama), Dikwa (Dikwa), Magumeri and Kukawua LGAs, Borno State, Nigeria.
In terms of health sector, INTERSOS intervention is articulated around two pillar:
- Reinforce the Health Systems, through train for health facilities staff including community health workers, nurses, nurse aids, and midwives on integrated management of childhood illnesses but also on screening for common outbreak prone diseases, case investigation and reporting mechanisms. INTERSOS will intervene for rehabilitation of health facilities structures and procurement of equipment for designated health activities as per the Basic Package of Essential Health Services. Mobile clinics will be organized to reach remote Wards of each targeted LGA.
- Improve reproductive health through provision of training and materials on GBV (included case management at heath facilities level), HIV counselling and testing and family planning
- For what concern the nutrition sector of intervention, health facilities will be supported to introduce OTP services as part of a comprehensive CMAM program. In addition, INTERSOS will provide furniture; equipment and anthropometric tools according to caseload requirements to the identified health facilities, included mobile clinics ensuring that all identified SAM cases receive the required monitoring and therapeutic care. Both fixed health facilities and mobile clinics will benefit from the RUTF supply.
- In terms of WASH, the action plan to enhance hygiene promotion and increased knowledge on safe hygiene and sanitation at health facilities level, but also to improve the environment health through the implementation of a solid waste management at health facilities level, introducing the necessary knowledge, materials and infrastructures for it. At community level, clean-up campaigns will be organized and supported through the provision of materials encouraging communities to actively participate to maintain a healthy environment and identify safe locations for waste management.
- Finally, concerning protection sector, the focus of the intervention will be on GBV identification, documentation and case management through individual and group PSS activities, while promoting awareness within the community and strengthening stakeholders knowledge and capacity in GBV prevention and response.
General purpose of the position
- The Project Administrator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, the donors procedures and the Country Finance Coordinator’s directions.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the proper accounting and administration of Projects funds, under the supervision of the Country Finance Coordinator and the Head of Mission.
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures;
- Update the economic and financial status of the Projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity; verify the expenditures are incurred in line with the set work plan and budget forecast,
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Project Manager and the Country Finance Coordinator, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations,
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Country Finance Coordinator, the other members of the consortium and guarantee that they submit financial report according to guidelines and timeframe set for in bilateral Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs);
- Revise report received from consortium members and compile them in a consolidated monthly financial report to share with the Country Administrator for verification;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
Local Staff Management:
- To manage the local personnel of the Echo Projects funded by Coopita and Echo,
- To supervise and monitor staff contracts preparation for the Projects,
- To supervise and monitor, in collaboration with the Country Finance Coordinator, the preparation of payslips and monthly salaries payment for the Project staff,
Asset Management And Logistics:
- To update inventory records pertaining to INTERSOS and Projects assets,
- To verify the correct application of the organization’s or donor’s procedures in relation to purchases and goods management;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of relevant work experience at national and international level working as admin-finance officer, also in humanitarian field locations
- Previous experience in Nigeria and/or Western and Central Africa is an asset.
- Fair knowledge of the international donors – mainly OFDA systems
- Attention to details and ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge in computer (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.)
- Ability to work in austere and hostile environments
- Strong Leadership and inter personal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills in highly complex emergency operations
- Knowledge of communication strategies and techniques
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Proficiency in English (conversation, reading and writing) required.
- Willingness to accept basic living standard and frequent field missions
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
Apply Before: 6th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About INTERSOS Nigeria.
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Check More Jobs at ››› INTERSOS Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: