Planning and System Economics Analyst Job at Coca-Cola Company
Job Title: Planning and System Economics Analyst.
Job Location: Lagos.
- The role will be responsible for budgetary management of the Franchise DME, administering the MEM tool, while ensuring compliance with Company Standard Practices and Procedures.
- Contributes to provide the Franchise teams with accurate analysis, benchmarks and reports on a timely manner to ensure optimal allocation of resources in implementation of the Company’s business strategies.
- Contributes to develop and provide details for a holistic view of the value creation across the system in order to support Region Finance Managers to identify risks & opportunities across the system within its specific Region.
- Supports Finance organization on system thinking related to financial policies, programs, company investments, long-range goals and objectives.
- This position provides accurate system economics analysis, insights, benchmarks and reports in a Region System Economics function. Supports Region System Economics Manager and Region Finance Manager in guiding the business by providing deep understanding of the financial condition and economics of the system.
Key Duties/Responsibilities (including the percentage of time spent or required for each activity)
Coordinate the Central Franchise Marketing DME for RE process (% of Time):
- Compile expected monthly DME expenses & submit monthly figures to Finance manager and RFMs
- Strategic & Annual Business Planning (BP) – Support CMI manager on the annual DME Business Planning process by:
- Serving as marketing expense controller (MEC)for the BU. manage overspends
- Upload BP DME in Financial system as per submissions and direction by Business Unit leadership within the stipulated BP financials guideline
- Summarize DME by Country, by Brand category.
- Track IMC Charters and Assets – Per Global policy
- Budget Management and Control – Daily. Check that no supplements/returns are made outside BP without FD/MD approval.
- Share RE narratives for DME Vs Actuals
- Blackline approval for JVs relating to DME
- Prespend reclass analysis and JV preparation
- GL analysis for PL and balance sheet lines
- Effecting monthly MPP accruals and reversals on the system
- Analyzing currency exchange fluctuations as they relate to DME spend for FOs with currencies different from USD
- Effect timely DME freeze & shifts on directives from BU leadership and approved RFA’s
- Effect timely DFR budget supplements on directives from franchise
- Brand Contribution Report – Monthly update and Communicate key deviation to finance and marketing teams
- Be the Financial consultant relating for Marketing associates on Marketing Expenditure Mgt
Process Improvement (40%):
- Supports BU P&A Team to achieve efficient, effective and sustainable finance processes and transactions
- Provides support to Finance Managers on reports/updates needed in Planning system
- Works with process owners to identify and implement continuous improvements in processes, systems and procedures
- Acts as a part of the process and ensures standard processes are followed.
Contributes in providing a complete view of the value creation across the system (10%):
- Understands, applies and articulates accounting and tax implications of all value sharing models
- Determines value creation between all parties from suppliers to consumers by preparing the system value chain
- Provides accurate system economics analysis and reports and supports Region System Economics Managers
- Supports Region System Economics Manager to analyze and assess gaps and to identify revenue growth opportunities and commercial opportunities
- Understands and provides the system revenue strategic framework from Long-Term (Long Range Plan) to yearly projections
- Supports in defining system investment and program risks and provides recommendations like:
- Bottler support investments, rebates
- Cold Drink Equipment and Bottler Capital Investments, etc.
- Performs financial analysis and performance tracking for investment decisions:
- New launches (extension, delist)
- Cold Drink Equipment investments
- Different OBPPC structures
- Pre, post promotion analysis
- CAPPRS performance tracking
- Validate proof of purchase of CAPPRS
Customizes Financial Guidelines and ensures guidelines are applied within Region (40%):
- System Health Corridor guidelines
- Concentrate Pricing models
- New product development guidelines
- Incidence guidelines
- CAPPRS tracking guidelines
- BU Planning & Analysis Manager (problem solving, brain storming, receives guidance, supervision, coaching)
- Region Finance Manager (service requests, issue management)
- Group planning team (Feedback on expectations/Client Management)
- Financial Services Representative (Following up Feedback on queries)
- Group and Business Unit Strategic Planning, Technical, and PAC Managers/Analysts (partner, support, data validation).
- This position consists of routine tasks or processes in accordance with predetermined, clearly defined steps. It also requires sophisticated and contemporary information management and superior analytic skills and expertise. The individual must also possess exceptional collaboration and organization skills/capabilities; with the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Judgment and Decision Making:
- The rules set in agreed deliverables will be used to regulate transactions between BU and the Region.
- Contributes on creating the structure for business cases, assigns resources in the system and establishes processes and routines.
- Indicate this job’s responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
- Supports continuous improvement by applying standardized processes and templates.
- No direct reports
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills
- Analytical skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Financial knowledge
- Optimizing strategic relationships and networks
- Attention to detail
- Communicating effectively
- Thinking systemically
- Understanding the system
- Acting as a team member
- Planning and organizing
- Demonstrating self-confidence
- Financial analysis
- Planning and forecasting skills
- Performance management
- GAAP, cost accounting / analysis
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Excel)
Related Experience Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience
- Accounting experience is a strong plus
- University/Advanced degree
- Postgraduate/Master’s degree
The key success-criteria is:
- Provides accurate analysis and reports
- Meets deadlines
- Because of the necessary interaction with other departments, good interpersonal relationships are essential.
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate With System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like An Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Coca-Cola Company.
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world
Check More Jobs at ››› Coca-Cola Company
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: