Operations Team Leader (Food Security) needed at Islamic Development Bank (IsDB). The position role includes, but is not limited to, contributing to the preparation of business cases for new initiatives for promoting sector development in collaboration with the Global Practice. The ideal candidate should possess a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Development Studies, Engineering, Education, Project Management or related field.
Operations Team Leader (Food Security) Job at Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
Job Title: Operations Team Leader (Food Security).
Job Location: Abuja.
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Department: Country relations and services Africa & Latin America
- Lead the hub operations team to conduct due diligence and manage implementation of bank’s portfolio of sectoral projects and programs within approved costs, timeliness and quality to ensure efficient delivery of the bank’s mandate to support economic development in the associated member countries.
- Input to Operational Planning and Budgeting
- Contribute to the planning and budgeting exercise of the Regional Hub
- Lead the selection of the Program / Portfolio which maximize the utilization of resources and concentrate on results based impact in MCs.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plan and Regional Hub’s administrative budget.
- Advise Regional Hub Manager on resource allocation for projects or programs for MCs in the Hub constituency.
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases for new initiatives for promoting sector development in collaboration with the Global Practice.
Program and Portfolio Management:
- Lead the project cycle related activities as Task Team Leader (identification, preparation, appraisal, negotiation, project implementation assessment and support to Mid-term review, in coordination with the Global Practice, Project Financial Management and Compliance Units) in the MCs in the constituency of the Regional Hub.
- Coordinate inputs from Projects Management Specialists regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Manage the sectoral projects and programs of the Regional Hub to ensure the quality management of the portfolio.
- Lead projects’ teams by providing support for successful design and implementation of development projects, ensuring quality at entry, during implementation and at exit, ensuring the integration of best practices and lessons learned in the design of sectoral projects and programs.
- Engage external expertise according to the Bank’s Corporate procurement policy, to complement internal resources ensuring quality project due diligence, implementation, and lessons mining.
- Technically lead the sector portfolio performance review.
- Maintain and build cordial relations with key stakeholders of the assigned projects.
- Contribute to the Internal Service Level Agreement between the Regional Hubs and the functional Units (Procurement, Disbursements and Global Practice), facilitate and monitor the delivery of the support / services to be provided by the functional Units.
- Provide guidance to the Bank’s operations team on Bank’s operations management.
- Provide guidance to the Bank’s operations team on Operations Information Management System to ensure efficiency in project management.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the respective domain and introduce new techniques and programs to meet current and future requirements and improve division’s quality of work.
- Promote teamwork and knowledge sharing culture.
- Recommend innovations and action plans related to managing Regional Hub’s projects and programs.
- Provide advices and share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues.
- Technically guide advise, mentor, share knowledge and coach professional staff of the Regional Hub.
- Introduce innovative approaches in conceptualizing, designing and implementing projects and programs related to the Agriculture and Food Security.
- Contribute to IDB knowledge repository by documenting leading practices and lessons learned particularly from project’s implementation.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge products based on analytical economic and sector work and ensure its effective dissemination.
- Attend and participate in regional and international conferences, seminars and workshops on his/her sector specialty.
- Lead the efforts to strengthen partnership with other development partners and stakeholders related to his/her sectoral specialty in the constituency of the Regional Hub and in the associated Region.
- Network with the relevant stakeholders to increase resources allocated for his/her specialty.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Development Studies, Engineering, Agriculture, Project Management or related field.
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 6-8 years of experience in the development sector, 3 years of which is managing development project financing in a multilateral development bank or relevant experience in an international organization, etc.
- 3 years’ Experience in specific development sector: General Agriculture, Livestock and Animal Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out analytical/technical work and translate this technical skills into operational innovations and results
Job Specific Competencies
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Motivation to Learn and Share
- Passion for Excellence
- International and Multicultural Collaboration
- Communication Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Development Project Finance
- Project Design for Impact and Sustainability
- Project Management
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Public Procurement
- Vendor Management
- General Agriculture
- Livestock and Animal Resources
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
Check More Jobs at ››› Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: