Operations Programme Manager needed at Bridge International Academies. The position role includes, but is not limited to, designing, implementing, and managing academy-level operations and support. The ideal candidates should have experience managing projects, identifying business challenges through data and observation, creating solutions for these issues, and overseeing an operational programme. Also need to possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
Operations Programme Manager Job at Bridge International Academies
Job Title: Operations Programme Manager.
Job Location: Based Outside Lagos.
- The Operations Team designs, implements, and manages academy-level operations and support. We are the nerve centre of the company.
About the Role
- Certain aspects of what we do originate in other departments or teams – from Development, Marketing, Recruitment and Training, Finance or Human Resources – but end with Operations. No matter how well other departments may complete their individual functions, it is up to Ops to be the interface that brings all academy-level support functions together.
- The role of Programme Managers is a microcosm of the overarching goal of the entire Operations Team, broken down by specific functional components. Each Programme Manager has a unique sphere that s/he is responsible for owning.
- Within that realm of responsibility, Programme Managers identify and analyse operational needs, design strategies and processes to address these challenges, and supervise the necessary training, monitoring, and constant adjustments needed for these programmes to execute successfully.
What You Will Do:
- Programme Managers work closely with other departments to design and run these programmes.
Some of the deliverables Programme Managers are tasked with include:
- Teacher Staffing- Bridge promises to have a teacher in class every day of the academic year. To meet this promise to our parents, the Programme Manager must work closely with our Recruiting and Training and People Operations Departments to make sure we find effective ways of filling local vacancies and with our Customer Care Department to devise ways to manage our nationwide team of substitute teachers so that can immediately provide cover for any class missing a teacher due to sickness or other. The challenge is to efficiently and effectively provide coverage for over 4,500 classrooms across Kenya and Uganda.
- Academy Repairs – with over 400 academies, we need to continually ensure our academies are in good condition and account for both minor and major repairs. The Programme Manager must identify common challenges and problems and provide efficient and cost-effective solutions. This programme must work closely with our Construction Department and with regional managers to ensure quality repairs are carried out.
- Lesson Delivery – Bridge’s teachers use teacher computer tablets to deliver our Kenyan- and Ugandan-curriculum focused lessons every day. To make sure everything is working properly, the Programme Manager must analyse vast amounts of data to pinpoint any challenges in this process. This includes working closely with the Software Team to limit the number of technological issues that come up and to immediately solve those that do arise and coordinating with our Academic Team to devise strategies and processes to drive improvements in lesson deliveries.
What You Should Have:
- Ideal candidates should have experience managing projects, identifying business challenges through data and observation, creating solutions for these issues, and overseeing an operational programme.
- They should be proficient analysing and managing large amounts of data and comfortable working closely with different departments and teams.
- Experience bringing ideas and programmes to scale, working at similar ambitious start-up companies, or building and managing teams across countries is an added plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters preferred
- Minimum 7 years work experience required.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Bridge International Academies.
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
Check More Jobs at ››› Bridge International Academies
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: