Officer, Trade Returns Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Job Title: Officer, Trade Returns.
Job Location: Lagos.
- Group Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Produce timely and accurate regulatory/compliance returns, ensuring that Stanbic IBTC stays in step with the statutory requirements of Central Bank and other regulatory bodies.
- Automating the end-to-end workflow of regulatory reporting — from data capturing to validation (at our end) viz-a-viz report delivery to CBN with zero error tolerance.
- Spools the daily FX trading from Calypso.
- Import the transaction onto an excel sheet.
- Classify transactions on excel into different categories.
- Ensure that the Closing Positions (from Market Risk Report & Returns) agree.
- Prepares the daily (DTRs)
- Fill CBN’s Data Submission System/eFASS and generate an XML file.
- Generate jar file from XML file.
- Upload the jar file via eFASS to CBN.
- On DSS, generate the jar file for all the reports
- Upload the jar file to CBN (on or before the 5th day of the succeeding month or the next working day if 5th falls on a weekend)
- Back-up for other Exchange Control Officers (FECD)
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Back up functions:
- Back up for CCI desk
- Enhance the bank’s image through effective customer service.
- Maintain a good service relationship with Treasury/GMO
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies
- Identifies and defines tactical operational performance metrics geared towards meeting Excon units objectives by leveraging opportunities.
- Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed.
- Identifies, assesses and mitigates the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby minimising the operational risks.
- Required to follow laid-down policies and procedures at all times.
- Deal with a wide range of customer queries, showing sensitivity to customers’ individual requirements as well as the bank’s laid-down operational/procedural limitations.
Key performance measure:
- Consistent achievement of high levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Compliance and improvement on turn- around times (TAT)
- Reduction of costs and increased throughput (output)
- Compliance to regulatory requirements governing banking practices
- Effective management and mitigation of operational risks
- Business area: Branches (PBB) / TPS (CIB)
- Regulatory Bodies
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in a Social Science related course
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- 2- Year’s banking experience; experience in Trade, Payments, Swift, Exchange Control would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing Payments and Trade
- Risk identification and assessment skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of credit & trade
- Ability to analyse trends and make forecasts
- Good use of Microsoft office tool
- Good use of Finacle
- Attention to detail and results oriented
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the products processed in Exchange Control and Compliance.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the various systems used within the department.
- Comprehensive understanding of banking transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers.
- Practical knowledge of how to input access and utilize information to analyze forecast trends.
- Knowledge of the applicable legislation.Understanding of the Bank’s systems, processes and procedures.
- Understanding the basics of team dynamics and participation in developing and maintaining a team culture.
- Broad understanding of international business operations.
- Broad understanding of problem resolution in respect of role
- Knowledge in Foreign Exchange Controls and any other guidelines
- Knowledge of rules governing trade and Treasury transactions
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Stanbic IBTC Bank.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Check More Jobs at ››› Stanbic IBTC Bank
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: