NFS Government/Civic Education Teacher needed at American University of Nigeria (AUN). The position role includes, but is not limited to, helping students understand Government/Civic Education aspects of learning as required. The ideal candidate should possess a good first degree in Political Science; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience.
NFS Government/Civic Education Teacher Job at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Job Title: NFS Government/Civic Education Teacher.
Job Location:Yola, Adamawa
Department: Foundation Programs
Summary of Position
- The Government/Civic Education Teacher will be charged with the responsibility of helping students understand Government/Civic Education aspects of learning as required.
- The duties will range from encouraging a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of completed work.
- Additionally the incumbent will also set targets for his/her pupils and monitor progress towards its achievement within the context of established policies and procedures of the University.
- A good first degree in Political Science; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience teaching Government/Civic Education.
- Participation in student academic, exercise and social activities.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong counseling skills.
- Demonstrate skills in using Microsoft Office Packages.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Passion for Government/Civic Education and teaching.
- Proactivity in the work environment.
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- Good workplace ethics and professionalism.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2018
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their Resumes/Cover Letters (same page) and References to: email@example.com. The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
About American University of Nigeria (AUN).
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
Check More Jobs at ››› American University of Nigeria (AUN)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: