Marketing and Communications Manager Job at Andela Nigeria
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
- Andela is seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications professional based in Lagos, Nigeria, to broadcast our vision and achievements to the world.
- The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing on a multi-faceted internal and external communications strategy that establishes Andelans as thought leaders in the Nigerian technology ecosystem and reinforces Andela’s brand as an elite engineering organization.
- Lead the Andela Nigeria Marketing & Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, field marketing and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nigeria
- Develop a comprehensive PR and digital marketing strategy that drives talent acquisition and brand recognition for Andela Nigeria
- Build and own relationships with the media: Identify press-worthy stories within Andela, coordinate and staff interviews with Andela employees and executives, and ensure that press coverage is on-message.
- Design online and offline marketing campaigns (social media, paid advertising, events) to increase applications for the Andela Fellowship in Nigeria
- Create content (press releases, blog posts, features, scripts etc) to educate and build awareness in the market
- Ensure 100% brand consistency in key messaging, internally and externally
The key attributes for this role are:
- Leadership, team building and cross-cultural skills – You have significant experience leading strong teams made up of young and dynamic high achievers. It is also important that you have demonstrated an understanding of what it takes to build high performance teams and a “Best-in-Class” Communications and Marketing department.
- Creative problem solving – You solve problems by creatively engaging with stakeholders both internally and externally with independence and fluency. You develop conceptual frameworks that guide problem solving analysis. You draw sound conclusions based upon a mixture of analysis and experience. You demonstrate content expertise through problem solving from multiple contexts.
- Strategic thinking – You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future. You are able to conceptualize, plan and execute communication strategies that engage Andela’s target audience, while also facilitating increases in engagements and impressions generated.
- Operational excellence – Each department in Andela operates with initiatives that drive and contribute to the collective Andela vision. You have the capacity to multi-task across teams to amplify internal and external communications on marketing, advertising, branding and creative development ensuring consistency and on-strategy execution.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic and crisis communication – You develop and maintain strong relationships with Andela’s senior management, staff, external agencies, press outlets, and others to engage them and support effective communication within and outside of organization. You are responsible for managing strategic and crisis communication should the need arise.
- A deep commitment to our mission – You have demonstrated an ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact which can be seen through your management of campaigns, and the media plans you have developed and executed.
Ideal candidates for this role should have:
- 4 years minimum experience in Marketing/Public relations, preferably with experience in a PR agency or the technology sector
- Strong existing relationships with, and extensive network of key business and technology-focused press contacts
- Excellent written & verbal communication (public speaking is key).
- Creative and critical thinking skills with an ability to fluidly craft narratives.
- Deep understanding of Social Media platforms and effective marketing strategies/techniques.
- Experience developing and managing a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Experience managing and coordinating, and working as part of teams to deliver on a tight schedule.
- Work and living experience in emerging markets, particularly in Nigeria.
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading academic institution.
- Start-up experience, though this is not required.
- A great personality and good heart; we have a “no jerk” policy.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, Lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Andela Nigeria.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Check More Jobs at ››› Andela Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: