Marine Technical Superintendent Job at Stresert Services Limited
Job Title: Marine Technical Superintendent.
Job Location: Lagos.
- To manage technical and non-technical vessel operations. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
- To ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational and managed based on service requirement.
- Liaise with stakeholders on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc
- Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and other equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc) are properly maintained and documented.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections.
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey.
- Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels.
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements.
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards.
- Ensure and maintain vessels’ zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Under take any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any relevant course.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position and 3 years shore experience as a Superintendent of Tanker fleet.
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with Mandatory Class I or equivalent with experience in Tankers.
- Working Knowledge/familiarity with International Safety Management(ISM) and Internal Ship and Port Security(ISPS).
N4,500,000 – N5,000,000 Annual Gross.
Application Deadline: 12th September, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should forward their Applications to: email@example.com using ‘MTECH’ as subject of application.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
About Stresert Services Limited.
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Check More Jobs at ››› Stresert Services Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: