Manager, Financial Audit Job at Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc)
Job Title: Manager, Financial Audit.
Job Location: Abuja.
- The Manager, Financial Audit will work directly with the Chief Internal Auditor and will be responsible for organizing and overseeing financial audit unit within the internal audit department in accordance with the annual plan and managing a team of auditors.
- The Manager will oversee the review process, then make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems etc.
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, internal controls and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs
- Produce reports highlighting issues and providing potential recommendations.
- Active engagement with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business.
- Supervise, coach and develop members of staff within the unit.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirement.
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules.
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting same to management through the Chief Internal Auditor
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements, examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Communicates audit progress and finding by providing information in status meetings; highlights unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Protect organization’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunity to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor from time to time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance with minimum of second class upper division, or Higher National diploma in Accounting with minimum of Upper Credit.
- A minimum of at least 5 years post qualification experience preferably in a reputable audit firm.
- A recognized professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, ANAN).
- A good working knowledge of IFRS with certification.
- Good knowledge of audit procedures, including techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting financial audits.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes and ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
- Demonstrate ability to lead a team and ensure successful results.
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently in asking clarifying questions to ensure work is directed wholly towards desired outcome.
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- A good knowledge of computer applications
- A good analytical skills.
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility.
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing.
Application Deadline: 26th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to:[email protected] . The subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.
About Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc).
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: