Logistic Officer – Procurement Job at International Medical Corps.
Job Title: Logistic Officer – Procurement.
Job Location: Borno State.
- The Logistics Officer – Procurement is responsible to perform regular procurement activities and to support procurement department in the implementation of IMC Logistics guidelines and policies specifically in procurement activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive purchase requests, review for completeness and approvals, prepare necessary procurement documentation (RFQ/P) and ensure compliance with the IMC and donor procurement policy
- Provide planning support and advice to those making a procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process (either locally or internationally) in accordance with IMC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Organize procurement tracking system and support program and management team up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status submit a weekly and monthly report.
- In coordination with the Procurement Manager, ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to confirm a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded and identify and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurements adheres.
- Ensure management and maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly procurement reports to the in-country management team, pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
- Be flexible and manage your time accordingly, be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with your role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- Coordinates local and whenever asked international procurement activities.
- Provide necessary information to the Data Officer in maintaining the PR, PO, BPA and other services contract tracking tools and ensuring updates are shared with programs and country office management team on weekly basis.
- Prepares complete procurement documents for finance to process payment
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for logistical staff and logistical support mechanisms.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with regional IMC logistics teams and Procurement Manager to ensure appropriate links and coordination.
- Analytical Skills: Procurement Officer works with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: Procurement Officer needs to use the information gathered by yourself or other members of the team and the purchasing agents to make decisions on behalf of your company.
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Negotiating Skills: Procurement Officer will be working with suppliers to create the best deals while in consultation with Procurement Manager.
- Good understanding of donor rules and guidelines
- Good organizational, forecasting and planning skills with the ability to review establish and implement effective systems.
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Diplomacy, tact and communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigeria local dialects.
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- University degree in a relevant field or professional certification in procurement or supply chain management
- At least 2 years of working experience in procurement required, 1 year with a INGO preferred
- Knowledge or experience working with US (and European Union) based donor requirements preferred
- 3 – 5 years proven working experience in Nigeria.
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Ethical conduct for IMC staffs
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts.
- No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/ by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved.
- Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents
Apply Before: 5th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian nationals only.
About International Medical Corps.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Check More Jobs at ››› International Medical Corps
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: