Instrument Technician Job at an Upstream Oil & Gas Conglomerate
Job Title: Instrument Technician.
Job Location: Nigeria.
- The Instrument Technician must have a good knowledge of Operational and Instrument Practices in an E&P Company.
- He is expected to have an in depth knowledge of offshore /swamp production engineering and operations, Well test and optimization of field production, development planning.
- The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- Must have worked at senior level in a similar position for at least five (5) years in a reputable E&P Company.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in a core Engineering discipline (Instrumentation, Electrical, Petroleum or Production) with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the oil industry with a proven track record of Instrumentation, production and operations management.
- In depth knowledge of Instrumentation, Electrical, Production, Facilities and well bores
- Must be capable to carry out calibration, foiled safe test, pressure testing etc
- Must be capable of applying production, operational, Instrumentation engineering and management principles to resolve Instrumentation problems and optimize hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities
- Must have experience to check and repair defective pneumatic control systems, and bleed all systems for dry air supply for controllers
- Ensure routine cleaning of strainers both on LACT Charge and main pump lines
- Repair and service of meters and routine check on rotating ports, PLCs
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary ond multi-tasking team
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals
- Must have competencies to prepare daily instrumentation and operations reports
- Ensure all indicating and recording instruments are functional and calibrated as schedule.
- Assist and support HSES teams in ensuring compliance to Safety and Security Policies and procedures at Company’s locations
- Champion the enforcement of standards and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
Remuneration: Very attractive remuneration packages with benefits await successful candidates.
Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Application Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About an Upstream Oil & Gas Conglomerate.
We are an independent company with significant interest in Oil and Gas Industry. As a result of expansion and growth, we seek to engage experienced, intelligent and self-driven individuals to fill the position above.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: