Information Communications and Technology Assistant needed at CAMRIS International. The position role includes, but is not limited to, managing the day-to-day ICT activities and needs of the Maiduguri Field or Damaturu Satellite office. The ideal candidate should possess four-year university degree in computer science or an ICT-related field.
Information Communications and Technology Assistant Job at CAMRIS International
Job Title: Information Communications and Technology Assistant.
Job Location: Abuja.
- The Information, Communication, & Technology/Information Security Assistant (ICT/A) is responsible for supporting the Information, Communication, & Technology/Information Security Officer (ICT/O) to manage all CAMRIS’ information, communications, and technology systems and plays a central role in maintaining information security for the NLCB program. ICT/As will be based in the Maiduguri Field Office and Damaturu Satellite Office and serve trainers and resources for all CAMRIS staff to improve their computer skills and use of technology.
- The ICT/A will be responsible for the configuration and management of information technology services and equipment including, secure wired and wireless local area networks, computers, servers, routers, switches, voice over internet protocol (VOIP) phone systems, printers, photocopiers, mobile phones, satellite phones, etc.
- The ICT/A will ensure inter-office connectivity to allow staff to share files and communicate via email, phone, and chat. S/he will also provide all levels of ICT systems support for NLCB staff. Travel to locations where program activities are being carried out may be required.
- Responsible for overcoming all information and communications technology-related equipment challenges and issues. This will include the setup and maintenance of the work group for all CAMRIS computers, network attached storage (NAS), repairing/resolving computer and printing problems for individual computers, developing plans and options for backing up information and assisting users to fix computer-related issues.
- Contribute to the development of the information security plan and protocols to safeguard information security to protect program implementation and staff, consultants, partners, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Provide training to staff on encryption, password, and hard copy file management protocols to minimize retention of records that are not required.
- Manage and follow-up on the execution of all ICT tasks following CAMRIS’ workflows and processes.
- Manage the day-to-day ICT activities and needs of the Maiduguri Field or Damaturu Satellite office.
- Develop operational policies and procedures for all ICT equipment and systems in use the Maiduguri Field or Damaturu Satellite office.
- Support the ICT/O to update the configuration of the NAS including file sharing and encryption and checking the credentials of each laptop and monitoring access to the server, NAS, and wireless and wired networks.
- Support the ICT/O to put appropriate levels of encryption in place for CAMRIS’ routers and access protocols to ensure that only computers with registered MAC IDs can access the CAMRIS network.
- Review the guest networks to ensure these are password protected and limited to only internet access.
- Periodically change network passwords for both CAMRIS and guest networks to avoid external users from accessing networks.
- Manage the public broadcasting of the CAMRIS wireless networks to increase information security.
- Establish a wide area network between CAMRIS Maiduguri Field Office or Damaturu Satellite Office and expatriate residences if any.
- Work with local contractors to get computers, phone, internet, printers, photocopiers, and other ICT equipment installed and adequately protected with surge protection/uninterrupted power sources.
- Train CAMRIS staff, consultants, grantees, partners, stakeholders, and vendors on information security protocols and to encrypt files and devices when traveling and working in remote locations.
- Train staff how to effectively use all office information and communications technology equipment and programs including internet browser software; MS Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.; phone systems (including PABX switchboard and phone extensions if received from another USAID implementing partner); SmartPhones; and mobile communications equipment including USB Mobile internet connections, BGAN, satellite phones, HF radios, and GPS units, as available.
- Review information and file sharing systems through CAMRIS’ router(s), access point(s), and connection to the NAS and server.
- Ensure information about activities, grantees, stakeholders, vendors, finance, staff, and consultants is accessed through an encrypted network and secure connection.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of all office systems including the server, NAS, computers, internet connection, telephones, printers, etc.
- Provide support for the procurement and commissioning of all ICT equipment handed over to grantees and local partners including testing, installation, and training on equipment.
- Train team to effectively use update anti-virus software and ensure Windows and other hardware and software updates are being regularly downloaded and installed.
- Provide ICT support services as needed and requested by the SOM/DCOP, COP, or Regional Program Manager (RPM).
- Maintain system performance by carrying out system monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoot system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating design and application problems to vendors.
- Respond to users’ requests for and concerns about both software and hardware on a daily basis.
- Train staff on new technology and systems available to the CAMRIS team.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services.
- Request new email accounts and access to CAMRIS cloud-based systems from the CAMRIS home office for newly joined staff.
- Oversee and maintain the Internet connection for the offices and expatriate residences if any.
- Ensure payments for internet and phone services are made in a timely manner.
- Negotiate contracts and purchases with vendors for software, hardware, and Internet services.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Upgrade, install and troubleshoot networks, network hardware devices, and server software.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT related equipment as well as documentation and licenses provided by CAMRIS’ home office and/or local vendors.
- Seek ways to leverage new technology to help staff carry out their tasks more efficiently.
- Monitor ink cartridges and other consumables for all the printers at the office.
- Configure and maintain the telephone system at the office and the residences if any.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitor monthly expenses.
- Maintain strict confidentiality about CAMRIS’ IT systems, IT equipment, and information security.
- Advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, impact for new technologies and systems that can be implemented to support the smooth running of the NLCB program and CAMRIS operations in Nigeria and the LCB.
- Assign IT equipment and phones for long- and short-term staff.
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four-year university degree in computer science or an ICT-related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years general work history is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in ICT systems management for a company or organization with multiple inter-connected offices, including in northeastern Nigeria required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated ICT issues.
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of and willingness to comply with all CAMRIS and USAID/OTI procedures and manuals (e.g., Activity Management Guide, Activity Cycle Flowchart, Field Procurement Guide, and Operational Communications, Emergency, Information, and Physical Security Plans).
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and methodical in the approach to ICT and information security management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and commitment to gender equity.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and train staff to follow information security protocols.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of northeastern Nigeria and the NLCB program’s target states and communities.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Prior experience working in northeastern Nigeria and/or a conflict environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Advanced certificates in networking, computer programming, etc. preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID- or US Government-funded projects.
- Prior experience using cloud-based applications.
- Proficiency in one or more of the local languages used in northeastern Nigeria (Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulfulde, etc.).
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About CAMRIS International.
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Check More Jobs at ››› CAMRIS International
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: