ICT Helpdesk Technician needed at the World Health Organization (WHO). The position role includes, but is not limited to, standing as the first line of ICT support to all WHO states within their assigned zones. The ideal candidate must have completed secondary education, supplemented with training in Information and Telecommunication Technology from a recognized institution.
ICT Helpdesk Technician Job at the World Health Organization (WHO)
Job Title: ICT Helpdesk Technician.
Job Location: Bauchi, Port Harcourt, Minna, Lagos, Kano, Enugu.
Purpose of the Position
- To provide information and communication technology support to WHO at the Zonal Offices in Nigeria.
Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the WHO ICT focal point and the overall supervision of the Operations Officer (OO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Stand as the first line of ICT support to all WHO states within their assigned zones.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Local Area Network related issues for voice, data & Power
- Maintain and troubleshoot internet connectivity/Email challenges
- Maintain and troubleshoot Desktops and Laptops hardware related problems
- Maintain and troubleshoot all computer software related problems
- Maintain and troubleshoot all users accounts for accessibility, password recovery and ERP log on
- Assist with deployment of ICT infrastructure within their zone
- Diagnose and determine all printers, Scanners and Photocopier related problems
- Diagnose and monitor performance of all UPS, Inverters and Stabilizers
- Support meetings, trainings and Seminars with all ICT related requirements
- Generate periodic reports of the status of all ICT related issues within their zone
- Engage in regular ICT capacity development and training for all staff within their zone
- Support and monitor all ICT disaster recovery initiatives as it relates to states in their zones
- Identify ICT requirement gaps within the zones and Provide adequate assessment reports.
- Execute detailed requirement gathering for infrastructure deployment and projects in the zones
- Essential: Completion of secondary education, supplemented with training in Information and Telecommunication Technology from a recognized institution.
- Desirable: University Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics Engineering, Statistics, Physics or other related courses from a recognized institution.
- Essential: Two years working experience in ICT related fields in a reputable company or international organisation.
- Desirable: Working knowledge in ICT related fields, with demonstrable hands-on technical skills in relevant areas with certification(s) especially in Microsoft AD, Cisco networking/security/collaboration, CompTIA A+ and VSphere/Hyper-V etc.
Use of language skills
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
About World Health Organization (WHO).
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Check More Jobs at ››› World Health Organization (WHO)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: