HSE Officer needed at an Upstream Oil & Gas Conglomerate. The position role includes, but is not limited to, preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly report for the assigned location. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in core Engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Upper division.
HSE Officer Job at an Upstream Oil & Gas Conglomerate
Job Title: HSE Officer.
Job Location: Nigeria.
- The ideal candidates will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all health, safety and environmental programs for the company at the field location.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in core Engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Upper division. A Master’s degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage. NEBOSH IGC, HSE Level-3 qualification and OHSAS18001 Lead Auditor Training are mandatory.
- Offshore work experience, Firefighting and Incident investigation experience will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing organizational safety programs at the location.
- Review and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and put in place mitigation plans for all field location operations.
- Train and champion Behavioural Based Safety program at the location for all employees and contractors.
- Inspect all sites activities works, tools and equipment, verify that it is done according the safety regulation and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the field location and develop safety plan that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees and contractors personnel.
- Review all contractor safety plans and verify that all employees will participate in safety plan. Ensure fit-for-purpose waste management is conducted at the location.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly report for the assigned location
- Co-coordinate routine fire drills and enforcing safety & security policies.
- Conduct regular HSE audits and incident investigation cit the location
- Ensure location permitting system is effectively implemented.
- Facilitate regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in on E&P Company.
- Knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards with respect to oil and gas operations
- Must be capable of working with multi-functional teams in project execution.
- Must be very analytical and capable of delivering results
- Must have strong Interpersonal skills to work in a multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, excel and PowerPoint.
Remuneration: Very attractive remuneration packages with benefits await successful candidates.
Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Application Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About an Upstream Oil & Gas Conglomerate.
We are an independent company with significant interest in Oil and Gas Industry. As a result of expansion and growth, we seek to engage experienced, intelligent and self-driven individuals to fill the position above.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: