HSE Manager Job at Halogen Security Company Limited
Job Title: HSE Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
Duties / Responsibilities
- To reduce the degree and the number of accidents and/ or incidents on deployed sites through but not limited to activities such as: daily site talks, strict monitoring of casual workers and other company staff in compliance with the safety policy/manual.
- To formulate and implement policies, procedures and programs on construction safety that must comply with all work safety regulations both locally and internationally.
- To enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- To develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- To evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- To conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters including accident prevention.
- To monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- To inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- To investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes.
- To recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- To frequently visit construction sites to ensure implementation of the correct safety policies and procedures.
- To represent the company in meetings with Government bodies and other agencies on matters regarding workplace health and safety, liaising with these agencies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues.
- To ensure necessary steps and documentation are carried out if there is a workplace injury at a construction site.
- To ensure that work statements are prepared for every work that is to be done on site, ensuring that the work statements are fully complied to.
- To conduct/ develop risk assessment documents based on each work statement and enforce preventive measures.
- To prepare accurate and timely consolidated weekly HSE report to management.
- 7 years (or more) of experience in Health, Safety and Environment
- 4 years (or more) in construction/civil engineering industry in a Managerial role.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- Degree in Management or Technical related field.
- ISPON Membership (Associate as minimum).
- Nebosh (IGC or Diploma)
- First-Aid training
- Other HSE training and certificates.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to process, analyze and manage data.
- In depth understanding of Health and Safety procedures and relevant labor standards.
- Ability to influence decisions, persuade, solve problems and make meaningful impact.
- Ability to administer first-aid and respond accordingly in case of emergency.
- Computer literacy, numerate, attention to detail, and ability to write reports.
- Commercially astute and Customer Service orientated.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership, people and time management skill.
Application Deadline: 1st October, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their CV’s in word document to: email@example.com with (HSE Manager) as subject of your mail.
For enquiry, please call: 09090328028
About Halogen Security Company Limited.
Halogen Security Company Limited is the number one provider of professional Security Solutions in West Africa, currently transforming into an integrated global specialist end to end Risk management & security solutions group by offering strategic protection solutions and safety in our changing and open world. We are therefore attracting the best, bold, energetic and globally aware talents to drive our new subsidiaries and strategic business units to focused market segments.
Check More Jobs at ››› Halogen Security Company Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: