Head, Product Engineering needed at Netcom Africa Limited. The position role includes, but is not limited to, delivering all standard and non-standard bill of materials (BOM’s), proposals, project network architecture (PNA’s). The ideal candidate should possess BS degree required in Computer Science or Engineering.
Head, Product Engineering Job at Netcom Africa Limited
Job Title: Head, Product Engineering.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Short Summary of the Job
- The Head of the Product Engineering team have two main functions. First is to keep all existing products and activities running within agreed KPI’s. Secondly, to develop and manage future products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Keeping things running:
- Deliver all standard and non-standard bill of materials (BOM’s), proposals, project network architecture (PNA’s)
- Ensure that all BOM’s and proposals are technically and financially sound to meet both client’s and Netcom’s objectives and are within the timelines set by all stakeholders
- Attend client product presentation, requirements gathering and other matters as requested by both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the PLC documentation of all current products are updated
- Manage all Product Engineering staff, set KPI, perform KPI evaluations
- Cooperate with HR in event of staff movement (addition/reduction)
- Serve as level 3 support for any technical issue on delivered products
Planning for future products:
- Lead the product steering committee in identifying products that Netcom will pursue on an agreed timeframe
- Execute PLC phases for selected products up to launching (business investigation, design and planning, testing and roll-out)
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- BS degree required in Computer Science or Engineering
- ISO 9001:2000 and TL 9000 training and/or experience
- Proven senior IT and telecommunications hands-on and management experience.
- Proven track record of driving and defining complex projects
- Ability to manager all stakeholders on all running and planned projects
- Ability to inspire, command, manage and lead staff of possibly multi-cultural in nature
- Exceptional written and communication skills are essential
- Experience of managing multiple IT and telecommunications disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems architecture, etc.
- Advanced level understanding in network, transmission and server systems fields
- In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Office and non-windows operating system
- Ability to manage competing demands in an environment with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to lead and guide others in a collaborative work environment.
- Skill in analysis, developing alternative courses of action, and decision making.
- Ability to establish and document procedures.
- Ability to manage individual and group projects.
- Ability to originate change and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel, and work off-hours to accommodate project deliverables and deadlines.
- Effective presentation and communications skills
- Pathloss transmission planning tool
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Netcom Africa Limited.
Netcom Africa Limited has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
Check More Jobs at ››› Netcom Africa Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: