Head of Nursery (Early Years) Job at Little Me Daycare & Nursery
Job Title: Head of Nursery (Early Years).
Job Location: Rivers.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- Be the face of the School.
- To work within the framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage, Statutory Framework, the Nursery’s Policies and Procedures and current legislation relating to childcare.
- To implement and evaluate a plan of suitable experiences and activities for the children providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children to develop.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- Preparation and maintenance of appropriate children’s records, observations and learning journeys and a system of planning for individuals needs and next steps.
- Handle Monthly Budget for School.
- Interface and co-ordinate vendor activities.
- Schedule Staff and Management meetings.
- Work positively as part of a whole team, using initiative, sharing information and being flexible whenever necessary.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents evenings, events, etc.
- To ensure good team motivation, information sharing and planning.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins etc. Also flexibility with regard to working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery.
- Work alongside team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives of the nursery are fulfilled.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality in relation to children, families, staff and the nursery.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times. To be an ambassador for the nursery both within the nursery and in the wider community.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
- To Supervise, direct, support, motivate and performance manage the staff team.
- To have an awareness of the requirements of the nursery as a whole and to be familiar with the routines of each of the rooms.
- Experience with the EYFS National Curriculum for England is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in similar role.
- Nursing Certification is an added advantage.
You will need to show:
- Knowledge and understanding of the requisite curriculum
- Excellent English communication skills and listening skills at all levels
- Respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills to plan the children’s day and respond to children’s different needs
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider nursery/school team
- A sense of humor and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts are advantageous. Board games like scrabble, Chess e.t.c included.
- Hours vary depending on your setting. Daycare will be open from 7.30am until 5.30pm, The Nursery runs from 8am to 12.30pm, Afterschool care runs from 12.30pm – 5.30pm. Saturday hours runs from 8am to 5.30pm. You are expected to resume 30mins before school starts and close when the last child leaves.
- Extra hours may be required for staff meetings, inspections and parent consultations.
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All Applications must have the position applied for as the subject line. e.g “Head of Nursery (Early Years)”.
For More Info: Contact – 08098699000
About Little Me Daycare & Nursery.
Little Me Daycare & Nursery – We are a world-class setting dedicated to providing outstanding early years education for children in a fun and interactive way. Our aim is to instill a love of lifelong learning and motivation. Our children’s needs come first always.
Check More Jobs at ››› Little Me Daycare & Nursery
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: