Head, Environmental & Social Risk Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Job Title: Head, Environmental & Social Risk.
Job Location: Lagos Island.
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To Coordinate and embed Environmental & Social (E&S) risk processes in line with Stanbic IBTC Bank’s Environmental and Social Management System (including Equator Principles) in our credit approval processes and business operations.
- To advise and educate Executive, Senior management and SBG on relevant points on E&S appraisal, monitoring, reporting, training etc. To develop effective working relationship with the SBG E&S Risk team, Equator Principles, Group Standards.
- To identify governance and standards setting for credit, facilities and supplier management.
- To support Sustainability systems in defining relevant standards across the Group and have oversight over Sustainability Initiatives by working closely with Group Real Estate Services (GRES) and Procurement Units and to ensure compliance with the Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles.
Co-ordinate and Embed Environmental & Social Risk Processes:
- Execution of agreed Environmental & Social Action Plan to timelines and standards.
- Embed centrally developed E&S risk processes/ESMS for the relevant business units within the Bank.
- Develop road map for compliance with CBN’s NSBP with GRES and Procurement Units and monitor execution.
Manage Transaction Collation & Reporting:
- Supervision and Monitoring project finance database for reporting to CBN’s NSBP
- Maintain a log of all transactions screened/presented at new business approval committee, credit committee and advise senior management.
Coordinate / Manage Training and Raise Awareness:
- Monitor emerging environmental and social risks and trends and develop (in combination with E&S risk and Finance) a systematic approach for early identification of emerging risks.
- Build internal partnerships and expand upon existing relationships to create new alliances for highlighting and managing E&S financial risk and opportunities.
- Increase awareness of E&S issues through tailored training.
Ensure E&S Function is included in the Stanbic IBTC Strategic Planning:
- Robust stakeholder and change management execution of relevant sustainability initiatives.
- Strategy development and execution of sustainability initiatives
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Assist in the Development of New Products
- Provide support for development of products and services on
- Financial Inclusion
- Women Empowerment
Regulatory Interactions and Engagement:
- Involve proactively on transformational projects to give visibility to initiatives even at conceptualisation stages.
- Invite Regulators to participate in project launch, presentation or unveiling.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A 1st degree in a Business related field and a 2nd university degree or a professional qualification(Qualification in environmental or sustainability studies will be an added advantage).
- Over 10 years Wholesale and Retail Credit Risk Management experience
- Over 10 years Project Monitoring experience.
- Environmental Management
- Policy development
- Evaluating Risk Management Effectiveness
- Business Acumen
- Legal Knowledge
- Emergency Response
- Legal Compliance
Application Deadline: 21st June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Stanbic IBTC Bank.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: