Head, Collections Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Job Title: Head, Collections.
Job Location: Lagos.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Business Development
Industries: Financial Services
- The Head, Collections develops, owns, manages and leads the Collections Portfolio within Digital & Consumer Banking.
- He/She will contribute to the achievement of the Bank’s goals by growing low cost deposits and income lines through Collections drive within the public, retail and corporate sectors.
The responsibilities of the role include the following:
Win new Collection Mandates, Businesses and Customers:
- Identify the new emerging players in the public, retail and corporate sectors
- Develop the database of opportunities for Collections and Value Chain drive for the identified mandates
- Prepare the Standard Proposals/Presentations that will assist and guide conversion of new opportunities
- Compile the expected returns for each of the identified mandates in terms of Collections Volumes, Deposit Impacts and Profitability magnitudes
- Manage relationships of the mandate owners for retention and value additions
- Organise the marketing Calls and the Conversion Strategies for the emerging mandates, businesses and customers
Manage the mandates and develop strategies for market dominance:
- Manage the entire analytics of mandates and business drivers in the identified sector and catchments
- Agree the requisite structure for business drive across all regions and market segments
- Liase with the key Business Heads on the modalities and arrangements for marketing and drive of the identified mandates and products consideration
- Share the analytics of business opportunities with the relevant Business Heads for special focus
- Discuss the existing and potential market competitive threats and opportunities with the Business Heads for effective leverage
- Arrange periodic visitation to the top business players as dominance strategies in key market catchments
- Draft the Standard marketing strategies to be adopted by relevant marketing staff across board
- Ensure that necessary strategic support are provided for all the branches, regions and countries for the desired milestones
Collaborate with FINTECHs for improved business growth:
- Identify the relevant FINTECHs that are suited for each mandate and business opportunity.
- Discuss the applicable products that will drive the existing and new mandates via the platforms of the chosen FINTECHs.
- Agree the processing and remittance dynamics for effective integration into the bank’s application
- Liaise with the bank’s IT and Operations team for seamless run of e-platforms being managed by the FINTECHs
Create and Sensitize the necessary awareness on all mandates and opportunities for growth in low cost deposits:
- Provide departmental and Branches training on the products knowledge and dynamics on regular periodic basis to ensure a full understanding of the value potentials
- Monitor the marketing and drive strategies being implemented on post training basis
- Ensure that all branches and units are fully acquainted with all the mandates, businesses and opportunities in their catchments and globally
Performance measurements and tracking for periodic reviews:
- Compile reports in respect of Collections, staff penetration, converted mandates, distributors, suppliers, vendors, contractors etc monthly
- Organise periodic review sessions of performances on the parameters mentioned above
- Agree on the key strategies on way forward on budget and market share achievements
- Follow-up on the agreed strategies on the key milestones
- Graduate Degree in Business/Finance.
- Masters’ Degree or a relevant professional certification will be an advantage
- 10 years related experience in a large financial institution (local/regional) preferably at Managerial level specializing in Banking Business/Products Development or equivalent
- Compliance, KYC/ AML, regulatory framework and Banking operations
- Retail, Corporate and Public Service Collections
- Demonstrable relationship management and influencing skills
- Proven business development track record
- Self-driven, innovative and solution oriented
- Excellent digital and analytical skills
- Capable of working out alternatives to mitigate risk for the Bank
Application Deadline: 14th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA).
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Check More Jobs at ››› United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: