Fleet Management Assistant Job at International Medical Corps.
Job Title: Fleet Management Assistant.
Job Location: Borno State.
- Reporting to Country Supply Chain Coordinator, the Fleet Management Assistant is responsible for; facilitating and coordinating movements, maintenance, and planning of all vehicles operated by IMC in Maiduguri.
- This job includes hands-on routine vehicle repairs, maintenance as well as facilitating all movement needs and monitoring of field movements. With (number of vehicles) and (number of staff), the position will demand a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who will be able to identify, report and or solve challenges as they arise across all different field offices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize and ensure a routine maintenance schedule for all IMC leased and owned vehicles and ensure that a stock of frequently used parts is maintained at Maiduguri level.
- Coordinate with projects to ensure increase/phasing out of vehicles.
- In consultation with Country Supply Chain Coordinator and projects, raise the request for the re-order of the vehicle frequently used parts as necessary.
- Maintain comprehensive vehicle and generator maintenance records and a plan for maintenance schedules across all sites.
- Assess any external garages, which are being used by IMC to ensure they can and are providing sufficient support to the IMC’s fleet at an acceptable cost.
- Ensure that all vehicles have an onboard spare tyre, first aid kits, emergency tool kit, emergency contact numbers, internal vehicle numbers and IMC branding.
- Travel periodically to field locations to conduct management checks on the fleet including IMC leased and owned vehicles.
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training as required and this includes making recommendations to terminate drivers if necessary.
- Conduct training and daily vehicle inspections along with drivers to monitor the use of vehicles through logbook management.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspection schedule and records and assign all mechanical maintenance plan.
- Ensure transparent and accountable fuel management for vehicles and generators.
- Ensure scheduled and need-based maintenance of generators.
- Ensure generators always have adequate fuel to run uninterruptedly.
- Ensure monthly and need-based vehicle and generators utilisation reports.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor and key logistics staff in the field on all matters related to vehicles and generators to ensure that IMC fleet is well utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree plus Diploma in Fleet Maintenance or Mechanics (preferable).
- Willingness to travel to field locations.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience and managing large-scale INGO logistical functions.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in Word, Excel, PDF, and the Internet.
- Good understanding of donor rules and guidelines
- Good organizational, forecasting and planning skills with the ability to review establish and implement effective systems.
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Diplomacy, tact and communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigerian local dialects
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever-changing dynamic operational environment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Ethical conduct for IMC staffs
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/ by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved.
- Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Apply Before: 5th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian nationals only.
About International Medical Corps.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Check More Jobs at ››› International Medical Corps
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: