Finance Assistant Job at CAMRIS International
Job Title: Finance Assistant.
Job Location: Abuja.
- Working under the direction of and supporting the Finance & Human Resources Manager (FHRM), the Finance Assistant (FA) will support all financial management aspects of the Nigeria & Lake Chad Basin (NLCB) Program in compliance with CAMRIS policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- The scope of the position includes but is not limited to assisting with entering local transactions into CAMRIS’s cloud accounting system, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance with Nigerian and international finance regulations, ensuring adequate cash balances to cover operations and project activities and processing electronic funds transfer/check requests.
- The FA tasks will include preparing payment/disbursement vouchers and other financial documentation, supporting the FHRM to analyze and manage accounts, preparing supporting documentation.
- The FA will work closely with the Maiduguri-based Finance & Human Resources Officer (FHRO) and Damaturu-based Finance & HR Specialist (FHRS). The FA is responsible for following CAMRIS’s finance procedures.
- This position will be based in Abuja. Periodic travel throughout northeastern Nigeria may be required.
- Support the FHRM to manage all accounting and financial systems in the Abuja Principal Office.
- Follow CAMRIS’s written guidelines and systems designed to support efficient and effective accounting and payment processes.
- Prepare financial documents required for transactions, including payment/disbursement vouchers.
- Keep all financial records and files organized and up to date at all times.
- Ensure all check payments, electronic funds transfers, advances, petty-cash and Mobile Money advances and transactions are entered accurately into CAMRIS’s accounting system.
- Manage Abuja office petty cash and report daily on petty cash on hand balance.
- Serve as alternate petty cash custodian and cashier when Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is not available.
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices, bills, and collections; analyze and reconcile accounts; and coordinate satellite office requests for funds with the principal office in Abuja.
- Track cash and petty cash advances.
- Review travel expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with CAMRIS’s policies and procedures before liquidation of travel advance and/or reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Coordinate with program and operations staff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Support FHRM to ensure all Cloud-based accounting systems, procedures, and record keeping are up and running in all offices.
- Establish and maintain accounting records for all goods and services paid for and ensure strong internal review and controls are in place and being followed by the CAMRIS team.
- Follow all financial management systems, guides and forms in use to ensure compliance with relevant CAMRIS policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Support the FHRM to track expenditure and payments for the procurement of goods and services, subcontracts, accounts payable, and recurrent bills.
- Support the FHRM to prepare monthly bank reconciliations and follow-up and track all un-cleared checks.
- Compile funds requests from all offices and support the FHRM to ensure that there is adequate liquidity at all times to support timely payment of all program and operations expenses.
- Prepare all documents required to process electronic funds transfers and checks for payments to vendors in compliance with CAMRIS policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and review of operations and program expenses.
- Support the FHRM to prepare monthly reports on the financial status of NLCB program expenses, budget versus actual expenditure analysis, and monthly expenditure forecast for review and approval by CAMRIS home office.
- Provide support to Activity Management Teams (AMTs) during activity close-out and with reconciliation of financial records.
- Support the FHRM to review the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Assure confidentiality of information about the program and finances.
- Train staff and partners, as required, on USAID and CAMRIS policies, procedures, and forms.
- Support FHRM to prepare monthly VAT reports, if VAT is paid on goods and/or services procured in Nigeria.
- Support the FHRM, senior management team (SMT), and CAMRIS home office staff to prepare pipelines and budget modification requests, if required, for incremental funding obligations.
- Work closely with the FHRM and Senior Operations Manager/Deputy Chief of Party (SOM/DCOP).
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four-year university degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years general work history is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in accounting and financial management.
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of and willingness to comply with all CAMRIS and USAID/OTI procedures and manuals (e.g., Activity Management Guide, Activity Cycle Flowchart, Field Procurement Guide, and Operational Communications, Emergency, Information, and Physical Security Plans).
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and methodical in the approach to financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and commitment to gender equity.
- Ability to use and develop financial management and tracking systems.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of northeastern Nigeria and the NLCB program’s target states and communities.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Prior experience working in northeastern Nigeria and/or a conflict environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience with USAID- or US Government-funded projects.
- Prior experience using cloud-based accounting applications.
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
- Proficiency in one or more of the local languages used in northeastern Nigeria (Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulfulde, etc.).
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About CAMRIS International.
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: