Field Procurement Officer Job at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Job Title: Field Procurement Officer.
Job Location: Abuja.
- Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations associated with the regional hubs to fulfill the needs of the Bank.
- This role ensures effective compliance to procurement guidelines for the successful preparation, appraisal and implementation of approved projects.
Policies, Procedures & Processes:
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures considering Member Countries’ needs, IDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
Project Procurement Management:
- Extend the Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support for improved quality at entry, implementation and at completion in-order to improve quality in project delivery.
- Provide support in risk assessment in projects as per the procurement Guidelines and follow-up with concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Review and clearance, as the case may be, of Procurement Documents (RfP, BD, PQD, EoI, GPN, SPN…) received from beneficiaries and ensure its compliance with IDB requirements.
- Contribute in resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to input in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Contribute in the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- English (mandatory)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 5 – 8 years of experience in project procurement of MDBs.
- 3 years’ experience in project management and implementation.
Job specific competencies:
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Knowledge and Programming
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Project Management
- Motivation to learn and share
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Islamic Development Bank (IDB).
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
Check More Jobs at ››› Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: