Environment Manager needed at SABmiller Plc. The position role includes, but is not limited to, developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Bio-science, Ecology, Environmental Science/Mgt. or equivalents.
Environment Manager Job at SABmiller Plc
Job Title: Environment Manager.
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Environmental Manager will:
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Take the lead on sustainable procurement for all goods and services
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with Environmental regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organisation’s environmental risks and financial costs
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on the environment
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters
- Manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- Train staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Participate in environmental education and research
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company
- Set organizational sustainability targets, and develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Bio-science, Ecology, Environmental Science/Mgt. or equivalents
- M.Sc/MBA will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of experience as Environmental Manager/Coordinator in a Brewery or FMCG environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to think effectively and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Ability to understand and utilize systems to carry out problem solving
- Excellent skills to Stimulate and manage change
- High level of commercial awareness and an understanding of business
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About SABmiller Plc.
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Check More Jobs at ››› SABmiller Plc
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: