Energy Sector Advisor/Environment Specialist Job at Deloitte Nigeria
Job Title: Energy Sector Advisor/Environment Specialist.
Job Location: Abuja
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Environmental Specialist is responsible for ensuring activities meet set criteria for appropriately monitoring and mitigating environmental impact
- They will work closely with leadership and subcontractors to ensure awareness of environmental criteria and compliance with environmental regulations
- Support drafting initial Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP), and support with annual updates to the plan thereafter.
- Draft quarterly updates for the EMMP to support Quarterly Progress Reports and Annual Progress Reports.
- Identify activities with potential environmental impact, and develop plans to help reduce the impact.
- Work with the Programme Manager and Project Managers to ensure ongoing focus on environmental footprint as well as compliance with environmental monitoring activities related to the Programme
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of a Ph.D Degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience; a Juris Doctor – JD (All But Dissertation – “ABD”) with at least 10 years of relevant experience; an MS/MA/MBA with at least 12 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA Degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a Degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
- Locate, research, interpret, and apply environmental laws and regulations
- Collect, process, evaluate, and summarize scientific and technical data and ideas to make effective decisions and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to examine and interpret scientific, technical, and complex guidelines, documents, records and reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and produce concise, accurate and impartial reports, narratives, summaries and recommendations
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms understandable to the general public
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Perform work assignments related to environmental inspections, compliance, monitoring, regulation, and research
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully to hostility, confusion or concerns expressed by others
- Develop, prepare, and present studies and reports to governmental boards, civic organizations and other groups
- Effectively represent the department in contacts and relationships with the public, local business community and other government agencies
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Deadline: 9th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Deloitte Nigeria.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Check More Jobs at ››› Deloitte Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: