Deputy Transport Manager Job at British High Commission (BHC)
Job Title: Deputy Transport Manager.
Job Location: Abuja.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- To support the effective day to day running of BHC Abuja’s transport team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all transport booking requests for the 1HMG Network in Abuja providing a courteous and efficient service for over 300 staff and visitors, including fleet management and deployment of 60+ vehicles.
- Line manage transport staff and prepare job rosters for a combined pool of 25 drivers using improved electronic booking systems, new driver shift patterns and ensure daily maintenance checks on vehicles are properly documented in line with post regulations.
- Lead liaison with 1HMG officers and FCO drivers based at BHC Abuja’s subordinate posts in Kano, Kaduna, Enugu and Maiduguri on all Transport matters.
- Provide first line support and engagement to a range of transport customers/stakeholders, responding adequately to general enquiries and feedback (including complaints) promptly and professionally.
- Undertake a range of financial duties for the Transport section and assist the Transport Manager in budget management, forecasting, procurement planning, checking claims, accurate customer billing, record keeping and periodic reporting on all invoices and expenditure.
- Provide senior management with Management Information (MI) on the Transport Section’s operations to enable timely reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and improved customer communication.
- Assist with the planning and co-ordination of logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Substitute for the B3 Transport Manager during absences and undertake an extensive range of those duties.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Transport or Logistical Management
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- A good command of English language – both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant training records / certificates in Transport, General Administration, Customer Services.
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks
- Possess a valid driver’s licence
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
Application Deadline: 22nd August, 2018
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About British High Commission (BHC).
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Check More Jobs at ››› British High Commission (BHC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: