Database and GIS Specialist needed at CAMRIS International. The position role includes, but is not limited to, participating in regular team meetings to discuss current country context issues, present and discuss activity ideas, and report on the progress of activity implementation. The ideal candidate should possess four-year university degree in Business, Procurement & Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
Database and GIS Specialist Job at CAMRIS International
Job Title: Database and GIS Specialist.
Job Location: Abuja.
- The Database & GIS Specialist (D/GISS) is responsible for developing, leading, and coordinating the program’s communications and reporting activities.
- S/he will develop internal and external analysis, presentations, and reports, including blog, Facebook group, and twitter posts, PowerPoint Presentations, text and radio messages, etc. on the program or issues relevant to the program.
- The D/GISS will be bilingual and fluent in English and French and have knowledge of local languages across the Lake Chad Basin. S/he will be able to support the rapid translation of reports, documents, and other content of interest to the NLCB team.
- The D/GISS will assist Activity Management Teams (AMTs) in developing their activities in the USAID/OTI Database. S/He will work under the direct supervision of the MELS and closely with the Chief of Party (COP), Regional Program Manager, USAID/OTI staff, and other short- and long-term NLCB team members and third parties to generate creative and cutting-edge ways of using new technology and social media to gather and disseminate information that is relevant and interesting for the program to analyze and communicate.
- This position will be based in the Abuja office, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout notheastern Nigeria and neighboring countries in the LCB. Extensive and frequent travel throughout the northeast is expected and required.
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss current country context issues, present and discuss activity ideas, and report on the progress of activity implementation.
- Ensures high-quality documentation of activity implementation, lessons learned, achievements, and failures assisting staff and/or drafting activities in the USAID/OTI Database and monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Uploads interesting content and reports to OTI Anywhere.
- Synthesizes information found online, on the radio, in local and international media, in the USAID/OTI Database and from the NLCB team to draft reports, prepare presentations, and to develop content for social media sites, radio, newspaper on and about the program or on areas of interest to the program.
- Develops relationships with local media outlets, think tanks, and other organizations developing cutting edge information products and using new technology and social media as tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with MELS, COP, and RPMs, to compile and disseminate information and presentations to external audiences.
- Provides regular, targeted analysis of the context in Nigeria and the LCB.
- Accompanies members of AMTs and/or local partners during activity implementation to support the drafting of accurate activity monitoring reports, synopsis of lessons-learned, final evaluations and final reports.
- Attends frequent NLCB team meetings and speaks frequently with AMT members to ensure weekly team meeting tracker and USAID/OTI database is updated with notes on atmospherics, activity development, and activity implementation.
- Travels frequently to activity sites, including northeastern Nigeria and the LCB, to prepare snapshots of activities. Snapshots may include brief illustrations of program impact or summary accounts of notable activities. These may be in different formats, such as Facebook posts or Success Stories formatted according to USAID guidelines.
- Gathers and circulates news and other information daily and weekly for the NLC program staff.
- Drafts, edits, and translates reports, presentations, and other content.
- Works with the program staff to draft two program accounts of notable activities or a cluster of activities, per month for review and discussion with the Chief of Party and USAID/OTI.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control, the integrity of the data in the USAID/OTI database, and ensures that data is always up-to-date.
- Support the PDOs to ensure that activity master files are always up-to-date and ready for audit.
- Support the MELS, COP, RPMs, and USAID/OTI staff to carry out frequent reviews of electronic activity files to ensure all files are up to date in CAMRIS’ cloud-based file management system, the USAID/OTI database and on OTI Anywhere.
- Provide support to the NLCB team on the use of the USAID/OTI Database and OTI Anywhere.
- Responsible for supporting the weekly updates to activity notes in the USAID/OTI Database and capturing observations and information from the field on the outputs, outcomes, and impact of activities.
- Play an active role in activity monitoring and evaluation and contribute to the feedback loop, which uses information gathered about ongoing activity implementation to inform development of new activities.
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four-year university degree in Business, Procurement & Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in journalism, database development, mapping, social science research, qualitative and quantitative research, preferably with an international organization, USAID Contractor, or a large international donor-funded project.
- Willingness and ability to develop in-depth understanding of USAID/OTI’s M&E processes, tools, and best practices.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community participation/engagement-type projects and violence prevention.
- In-depth knowledge of northeastern Nigeria and the LCB program’s target states and communities.
- Solid knowledge of how to leverage new technology, remote monitoring platforms, and social media to gather and analyze local context and perceptions data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and develop creative and innovative approaches to monitor activity outcomes and support the AMT to evolve and hone and improve activities design and implementation based on findings from action research.
- Capacity to understand and analyze the political and security context at the local, state, federal, and regional levels.
- Ability to work with local, national, and international partners and third-parties supporting M&E.
- Ability to draft well written succinct reports.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Prior experience working in northeastern Nigeria and/or a conflict environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and French.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages used in northeastern Nigeria (Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulfulde, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization, mapping tools, and remote data collection platforms.
- Prior experience with USAID- or donor-funded projects.
- Prior experience using MS Access and/or web-based database applications.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About CAMRIS International.
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Check More Jobs at ››› CAMRIS International
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: