Copywriter Associate needed at Greenlight Planet. The position role includes, but is not limited to, brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team. The ideal candidate should possess relevant qualifications.
Copywriter Associate Job at Greenlight Planet
Job Title: Copywriter Associate.
Job Location: Lagos State.
What you’ll be doing
- Discussing target audiences and core campaign messages.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
- Writing and presenting a few options to business leaders/marketing team.
- Modifying artwork until the team is satisfied.
- Overseeing the production phase.
- Researching and analyzing campaign/communication effectiveness.
- Copywriters deliver the words and verbal content that accompanies visual elements to communication materials.
- They also work in close partnership with graphic designers & brand managers to create authentic, engaging and compelling messaging.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Create and develop impactful consumer facing communication materials and messages for both non-digital and digital channels. This includes video & audio scriptwriting and production as well as print, website and social media content creation and management.
- Work closely with the Senior Copywriter, Creative Team Lead, core business unit leaders and the graphic design team to manage all of Greenlight’s key consumer communications across global and regional platforms.
- Assist the Social Media Manager in researching and generating content for social media-worthy stories and work with internal teams (sales, design and marketing) to increase visibility around Greenlight Planet’s work online on all social media platforms.
- Work with multiple projects and teams, as well as lend support to internal team presentations and new advertising pitches for local and international markets.
- Assist in the execution of global social media strategy with a view to continuously improving the process of content generation and market interaction. Identify Key Messages, engage & understand Target Audience, communicate this powerfully and build compelling Calls to Action.
- Produce and curate persuasive and accurate content for social media (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & Vimeo), Websites, Blogs and eBooks.
- Execute communication strategies for product launches and campaigns, proof-read and create copy for consumer facing materials: leaflets, posters, activation campaigns as well as product packaging and work with global marketing team to contextualize content for local markets.
The ideal candidate:
- Extremely strong command of written English, French & Hausa languages with a clearly creative hand an ability to alternate between clean, professional writing and innovative, vibrant marketing-oriented communication.
- Must be able to translate English content into French, Hausa and other colloquial languages, keeping in mind appropriate cultural contextualization and message relevance.
- 2 years’ experience in social media content creation and curation for corporates and non-corporates.
- An ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, taking input from graphic designers, sales and marketing leaders as well as senior executives to deliver solutions.
- Experience writing for West African audiences in the following territories; Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin, as well as a strong knowledge of how to alter word choice and communication styles to appeal to a variety of audiences.
- The ideal candidate is a natural people person, one that elicits trust in others and truly enjoys collaboration.
- A strong spirit of innovation, an inherent ability to think outside the box and apply creativity in a practical way.
- An ability to work autonomously and independently; this person will be expected to take input from many stakeholders but ultimately support the brand’s communication strategy with confidence.
- At least 4 years of experience in a copywriting role; dealing with global content for a global company or organization and with mass-market consumer products or services.
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload and work well under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Design, advertising agency or campaign creation experience preferred.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll need to have/be:
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have good written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Greenlight Planet.
Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents in local communities. But to reach most consumers, Greenlight partners with hundreds of of last-mile distribution companies, ranging from small retail wholesalers, to the world’s largest micro-finance institutions, mobile network operators, and energy companies.
Today, with over 900 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Check More Jobs at ››› Greenlight Planet
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: