Chief Financial Officer needed at KPMG Nigeria. The position role includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the effective and efficient management of the farms financial resources. The ideal candidate should possess First Degree from a reputable institution in Accounting or related discipline.
Chief Financial Officer Job at KPMG Nigeria
Our client is desirous of filling key role in this subsidiary with best-in class talent in terms of skills and experience for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer.
Job Location: Jalingo, Taraba, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
- The role is based in Jalingo Taraba State, and will act as a strategic partner to the business.
- The CFO will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the farms financial resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the financial operations of the Farm and provide overall guidance and leadership in the execution of the activities of the function.
- Manage and oversee the entire day-to-day finance and accounting operations and finance team of the Farm.
- Oversee the development of the Farm’s budget and the allocation of financial
- Ensure appropriate financial forecasting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early warning of cost-overruns.
- Proactively manage and monitor the Farm’s cash flows to ensure optimal cash management and implement best practice treasury management practices.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports and activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Company’s financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manage relationships with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Manage the Company’s General Ledger and ensure that all transactions are
- processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Promote a culture of transparency and accountability in the Farm’s operations.
- Monitor and manage corporate performance management, including monitoring budgets etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualifications/ competencies amongst others:
- First Degree from a reputable institution in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting/ finance certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Good understanding of the agriculture sector with specific knowledge of the rice value chain, including key players, markets and value drivers.
- Proven track record in managing an agribusiness at management level.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
- Good communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- High sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability.
Application Deadline: 26th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a leading private investment holding company with interests in diverse portfolio of businesses. One of the strategic businesses (subsidiaries) is a startup Integrated Rice Farm, with about 30,000 hectares of land and a planned milling capacity of over 10,000 MT p.a.
Check More Jobs at ››› KPMG Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: