Business Development Co-ordinator Job at BBC World Service
Job Title: Business Development Co-ordinator.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Department: World Service Business Development
Reports To: Business Development Manager, Southern & West Africa
- To provide full business, administrative and financial support to the World Service Africa Business Development team in relation to partners and relay accounts and to ensure efficient systems are maintained that track and assist Business Development effort as assigned.
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager for Southern & West Africa and supporting the regional Business Development team, the ideal candidate will take responsibility for a wide range of administrative tasks. They will manage diaries and meeting schedules, co-ordinate and collate meeting and report information, assist in the administrative elements of the partner’s website, plan processing including BDC and market plans, and manage the processes of raising invoices, payment and debt collection.
- Provide professional and well organised administrative, secretarial and PA support.
- To assist the distribution of internal and external communication helping prepare and sending publicity to the partners and internal contacts liaising with Marketing and Audiences as necessary.
- To support day-to-day partner management and communication, co-ordinating and managing payments, revenue collection, marketing activity and working across new media initiatives. To maintain and update an Excel spreadsheet relating to ongoing business.
- To help organise and collate the monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- To maintain and update the administrative and financial systems as required.
- To manage SAP processes and to raise Purchase Orders and Sales Orders for the team. To follow up and ensure payments are made in a timely fashion.
- To update, maintain and process partner reports from Maximizer as required.
- To draft, edit and issue day to day partner programme communication under the guidance of the Business Development Manager
- To help co-ordinate and organise meetings, travel, training and events, including attendance, bookings and purchasing.
- To set up meetings and basic monitoring of BBC partner broadcasts.
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- A thorough and systematic approach to routine administration, paying attention to accuracy, details and achieving deadlines.
- Practical knowledge and skills in using a range of packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM.
- Sound book keeping skills and highly numerate, with experience in raising of invoices and the production of accurate and timely information and reports
- A professional approach, including the ability to exercise discretion, respect confidentiality, organise work and time effectively, prioritise sensibly and remain calm under pressure, whilst maintaining a customer focused attitude and cultural sensitivity.
- Enthusiasm, energy and the willingness and ability to take the initiative in all aspects of the job.
- Experience in a media, sales or marketing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Complete fluency in spoken and written English
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Creative Thinking – able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Planning and organisation – able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Resilience – manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Continuing contract – local terms and conditions apply
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About BBC World Service.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching new TV, radio and digital content for audiences in Africa. The new investment by the BBC World Service in Africa aims to increase its reach and impact among audiences by creating Africa-focused content to be delivered by our growing network of broadcast partners across the continent.
Check More Jobs at ››› BBC World Service
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: