Business Controller (Head of Finance) Job at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
Job Title: Business Controller (Head of Finance).
Job Location: Lagos.
- To lead team of 20 people spanning the areas of finance and procurement for Nigerdock FZE (ND)
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO/Managing Director, Finance Director and Senior Managers providing the strategic guidance required to support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure integrity of numbers and reporting at all times
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Act as the lead Finance Business Partner to the commercial, project and operations teams.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors and external auditors
- Ensure strict and efficient control over the cash management and treasury functions
- Ensure statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are fully compliant with all Nigerdock and Jagal policies and procedures
- Implement and manage robust controls and documented processes to ensure effective governance and the integrity of financial information
- Deliver timely, high quality and insightful financial analysis and planning reporting – Multi year plans, Quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Continually initiate and drive process improvements within the finance, and procurement
- To participate fully in the general management of the Company
- To actively support a culture that places safety and the environment as top priorities at all levels of the Company
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance and procurement
- To advise on the introduction, updating and renewal of financial systems and oversee the implementation any duly approved investment in systems
- To actively develop the Company’s ERP systems
- Oversee and lead external and internal audits
- Ensure that:
- Appropriate financial records are kept
- All statutory accounts are submitted accurately and on time
- Management accounts are highly relevant and prepared on time
- The annual accounts are appropriately audited
- Lead and drive all company-wide forecasts, annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Ensure debtors are effectively managed and payments are received on time
- Participate fully in all commercial bids for large, complex multi-year contacts ensuring:
- Up to date and accurate cost information is available
- All key project risks are identified and accounted for accordingly
- Challenge underlying assumptions where appropriate
- Validate the accuracy of final bid pricing submitted to clients
- Lead financial reporting and management of projects ensuring:
- Timely and accurate reporting of project results against the original bid and baseline budgets
- Provide clear insights into variances to budget and communicate to project teams
- Ensure project financial risks and cost overruns are identified early to enable the implementation of appropriate mitigating actions
- Project management teams have all required information and clear visibility of project costs to drive operational decisions
- Validate the accuracy of project forecasts by clearly understanding and challenging all underlying assumptions
- Ensure that company-wide financial risks are identified and mitigation strategies developed
- Ensure optimum staffing levels and organizational structures are in place within the Finance, and procurement functions
- Lead staff development and succession planning for these departments
- Actively recruit, mentor and develop local employees to grow Nigerian staff capability and future leadership potential
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Internationally recognized accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in increasing roles of responsibility and within large and leading organizations
- Experience of large projects and EPIC would be advantageous
- Preferably experience of working in or dealing with business in Africa or other emerging markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly IT literate with strong experience in ERP systems
- Advance MS Excel financial planning and modelling skills
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Nigerdock Nigeria Plc.
Nigerdock is West Africa’s leading indigenous upstream oil and gas services company focused on Oil and Gas construction and marine services including offshore fabrication, ship building and repair, industrial training and specialised Oil & Gas and Maritime support. It is strategically located on Snake Island Integrated Free Zone, in Lagos, with immediate access to the open seas.
Nigerdock is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jagal, a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments.
Check More Jobs at ››› Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: