Business Analyst needed at Netcom Africa Limited. The position role includes, but is not limited to, leading business and technical analysis sessions to support new development efforts to meet current and projected business needs of Netcom clients. The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor degree (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Business) or equivalent experience.
Business Analyst Job at Netcom Africa Limited
Job Title: Business Analyst.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Business Analyst will under general direction, conduct business and systems analysis, manage feature scope, lead software and process design changes, and generate application documentation.
- Business Analyst will work directly with clients to gather requirements, and be the technical liaison between the software development team and the business customers.
- The business Analyst will work closely with our Software Development and Project Manager in assisting in project direction and requirements gathering.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead business and technical analysis sessions to support new development efforts to meet current and projected business needs of Netcom clients.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of functions within Netcom client’s environment.
- Provide expertise on the systems capabilities / limitations as it relates to business goals.
- Prepare impact and opportunity assessments regarding the cost / benefits of proposed projects.
- Align stakeholders on business requirements, system requirements, program functions and strategy.
- Prepare use cases and formal requirements documentation and user guides
- Drive the implementation of technology and process solutions from concept to completion.
- Provide analysis and support for the project management, application development, and QA teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assist / Author in the development of test plans.
- Assist / Author in the development of training and/or technical documentation.
- Act as liaison between the Technology department and other business units.
- Communicates needed changes to development and business units.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Candidate must be a team player with excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage assignments independently. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the development and mentoring of his team mates.
- Substantial business analysis experience and ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Strong interviewing and elicitation skills with a solid understanding of engineering processes and discipline.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycles, user interface / interaction design in as applicable to enterprise software and web-based applications
- Experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, activity diagrams, UML& Structured Analysis
- Experience in developing training materials and in training end users.
- Experience in collaborating with remote / satellite teams will be advantageous.
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation and be able to communicate difficult /sensitive information tactfully.
- Good written and verbal Communication skills to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to listen, learn and improve within the role, demonstrate commitment to quality.
- Is able to work on own initiative and / or part of a team. Be organised, analytical, make sound decisions and seek resolutions.
- Is able to think outside of the box to spot opportunities to improve, make suggestions both to colleagues and seniors.
- Is approachable, respectful and friendly to everyone in the Organisation and to any external stakeholders.
- Is open and honest and positively accept constructive criticism
- Is flexible in terms of time management and can adapt to the needs of the business.
- Respects the importance of good time keeping, punctuality and reliability and puts it into practice
- Takes responsibility and accountability of one’s actions and makes informed decisions.
- Hands on experience with configuration of ERP systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, Navision et al
- Knowledge of Basic programming languages
- A bachelor degree (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Business) or equivalent experience.
- ISO 9001:2000 and TL 9000 training and/or experience.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Netcom Africa Limited.
Netcom Africa Limited has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
Check More Jobs at ››› Netcom Africa Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: