Bench Program Manager needed at Andela Nigeria. The position role includes, but is not limited to, working closely with the Vice President of Success to implement and manage the bench program and driving for the bench measures of success and program evolution as designed by Success Leadership. The ideal candidate should possess a four (4) year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
Bench Program Manager Job at Andela Nigeria
Job Title: Bench Program Manager.
Job Location: Lagos -Nigeria, Nairobi -Kenya
- The Success Division is responsible for matching Andela developers with our Partners to ensure the best experience for both, enabling Partners to reach their goals while allowing our developers to gain experiences that help them to learn and grow.
- We are seeking a Bench Program Manager who will design and manage a program to find challenging work for developers on the bench that keeps their skills sharp and also provide business value to Andela.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Success to implement and manage the bench program and driving for the bench measures of success and program evolution as designed by Success Leadership;
- Report and be accountable to stakeholders on the status of the bench;
- Work closely with Staffing and Product Manager on staffing needs given stack and skills mix of bench;
- Coordinate restacking and learning needs for bench developers with TDD and Success Leads;
- Mentor the teams and help them to ensure the products they are building meet the program goals;
- Oversee performance management (for example ensure SMART action plans and performance improvement plans)
- Recruit and assign senior developers as Technical Team Leads (TTLs) to oversee:
- Product quality (for example code reviews, PR submissions) to ensure that they meet program goals;
- Compliance and quality of performance feedback for utilized developers;
- Vacation requests;
- Performance management plans.
- Manage the Technical Team Coordinator who helps to oversee the TTLs and ensure the overall bench program quality is met;
- Ensure successful and consistent execution of on-boarding /off-boarding processes of bench developers and the TTLs working closely with Staffing Manager;
- Ensure bench developer action-plans and performance improvement plans are well executed by the TTLs;
- Liaise with Talent Development team on learning support for bench developers such as re-stacking;
- Manage, monitor and track time spent on projects by the bench developers and TTLs.
Key KPIs for the role include:
- Compliance and quality metrics for performance feedback for all utilized bench developers
- % bench utilization
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Have successfully worked as a program manager. You’ve actuated teams operationally to materialize the goals of multiple simultaneous projects on time while maintaining quality;
- Have at least three (3) years of experience working in software product management, software development or technology consulting;
- Have a four (4) year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university;
- Have experience effectively working remotely;
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems;
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques;
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations;
- Have experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once; and
- Have demonstrable ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Andela Nigeria.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Check More Jobs at ››› Andela Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: