AVADAR Project Assistant needed at the World Health Organization (WHO). The position role includes, but is not limited to, working with the project coordinator to ensure that there is constant communication on the project from the field level to the state and eventually to national level. The ideal candidate should possess a Degree in Social or Health Sciences or Health related fields.
AVADAR Project Assistant Job at the World Health Organization (WHO)
Job Title: AVADAR Project Assistant.
Job Location: Lagos, Enugu, Kwara
Purpose Of the Position
- The main objective of the post is to support the implementation of AVADAR in the state through technical guidance of the AVADAR SOPs, supportive supervision and providing on site trainings to HWs and CIs.
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the IVE Focal person and over all supervision of Zonal Coordinator and guidance of the state coordinator the& AVADAR project assistant will carry out the following specific task:
- Working with the project coordinator to ensure that there is constant communication on the project from the field level to the state and eventually to national level.
- Support the set-up of meetings be they physically or virtually
- Perform other responsibilities that may be required of him
- Support the preparations and implementation of for the trainings
- Ensure that AVADAR SOPs are followed in LGA implementation sites
- Conduct monitoring and supervisory visits to end user
- Support the process of payment incentive for the notification of an AFP case that yields a polio virus
- Support the quarterly review meeting of the project
- Provide weekly/monthly report on the project including tracking information of the project indicators
- Essential: Degree in Social or Health Sciences or Health related fields.
- Desirable: Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, GIS or data management related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in health related data management – Essential
- Experience in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management. -Essential
- Experience in database development. – Essential
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (HealthMapper, QGIS etc) – Essential
- Relevant work experience in WHO/UN – Desirable
- Resident in the state of assignment – Desirable
- Ability to travel within the state and knowledge or previous work in these state would be an advantage – Desirable
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the local language.
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About World Health Organization (WHO).
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Check More Jobs at ››› World Health Organization (WHO)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: