Assistant Drilling Operations Manager Job at Eni Energy
Job Title: Assistant Drilling Operations Manager.
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- We are currently recruiting an Assistant Manager- Drilling Operations for our activities in Nigeria to provide expertise on the evaluation of the most suitable sequence of wells and rigs to be used, in order to minimize cost, on the basis of the general programme and of instructions received.
The Key Responsibilities
- Provide for the preparation of the annual drilling program, interacting with other relevant units to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.To ensure the correct and effective carrying out of drilling, in terms of depth, direction, time, costs while the geological program is defined by the Exploration Department.
- Prepare and control, as Budget Sub-item Holder, the pertinent budget sub-items and their periodic revision.
- Ensure that the activities carried out by contractors are in compliance with the time and cost budget and in accordance with good petroleum engineering practice.
- Supervise drilling activities and associated contractors; to report any technical or economic deviations from original scope of approved drilling program to Management through his superior, proposing necessary changes in the well target if there are operational constraints; ensures the timely supply of materials and control of the contractor’s invoices.
- Evaluate the need for services, equipment and materials and to provide for the issuing of requisitions; provides, in co-operation with other units, for the definition of the economic level of the stock of drilling materials; participates in contract negotiations in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments in drilling technology and to assist his superior in ensuring the appraisal, training and professional development of his personnel in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain contact with ENI Div E&P, NNPC, DPR and with other oil companies, in order to give, receive or exchange materials, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Emergency Task Force in the event of a blow-out of a well and to carry out other duties assigned to him by his superior. Participate in Technical Committee Meetings when required.
- Comply with the requirements of the different HSE policies of the Company, by applying the HSE Integrated Management System and the HSE Management System Guidelines and providing proper HSE conditions of work to everyone
- Extensive years of working experience in oil and gas
- Experience in planning, drilling and operational activities
- Practical experience in the safe drilling and logging of wells in order to fully meet prognosis targets in different operative and geological situations.
- Analytical judgment in well operations activities due to a considerable number of non-routine decisions, with very significant time and cost implications.
- Strategic thinking
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Change management
Application Deadline: 28th September, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Eni Energy.
Eni Energy – We are an energy company. We are working to build a future where everyone can access energy resources efficiently and sustainably. Our work is based on passion and innovation, on our unique strengths and skills, on the quality of our people and in recognising that diversity across all aspects of our operations and organisation is something to be cherished.
Check More Jobs at ››› Eni Energy
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: