Asset Manager Job at Egbin Power Plc
Job Title: Asset Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
- Responsible for the overall management of commercial and operational issues of assigned steam turbines. This includes the fiscal well-being of the assigned business generating centers (BGC) and continuous evaluation of improved economics.
- Supervises and coordinates all operating activities and generation output relating to the designated steam turbines.
- Asset Managers are also required to make assessments, develop strategies and implement those results throughout their assigned shifts
- The decisions include instructing the shift-in-charge to shut down and start generating units, vary the generation output to achieve desired energy schedules and water management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are in compliance and that the assigned steam turbines are operated in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
- Coordinates internal and external communications with all entities associated with the BGC
- Oversees the preparation and approval of budgets, proformas, and long-term maintenance schedules for all assigned steam turbines.
- Work with the shift-in-charge to ensure the assigned business generating center is operating safely, in regulatory compliance, reliably, and efficiently.
- Manage the development of comprehensive Business Plans for assigned BGCs.
- Develop strategies to ensure operations in accordance with business plans.
- Develop or oversee the development of financial models of the BGCs and keep models current as each project situation changes.
- Manage, negotiate and administer gas agreements.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports describing financial and operations status for all assigned BGCs.
- Administer the Operations and Maintenance Agreement to ensure Operator maintains compliance and a qualified staff.
- Coordination with plant engineering to run the designated units smoothly
- Supervise the utilization of plant resources to ensure uninterrupted unit operations and employee/ plant safety
- Ensure and manage the performance of the units within the periodic operating plans
- Ensure compliance with the MIS requirements of the units
- Resource planning for manpower, materials and annual contracts
- Ensure adherence to safety, environment, ISO 18000(OHSAS) and other statutory norms
- Coordinate commissioning/re-commissioning activities of new systems or equipment during overhauls of the units
- Oversee the evaluation, collating and reporting efficiency, fuel consumption, etc. of the designated units
- Conduct performance review of subordinates
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Chief Operating Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering or/and Management
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification in Management
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a work-related industry with strong demonstrated technical organizational and managerial capability.
- Should have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience of technical and O&M operations of power plants
Skills and Competencies:
- Work effectively with line managers and senior level management.
- Solid and proven business skills managing power plant assets.
- Understand, interpret and articulate power plant contracts and agreements.
- Exceptional leadership experience with the ability to give presentations at the Board level.
- Ability to understand, interpret and articulate profit and loss projections and targets.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills. Knowledge of operations of steam turbine power plant and its components – generation turbine, boiler, BOP, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance systems, contract system and procedures, material issue and return procedure
- Knowledge of safety, environment, OHSAS and other statutory norms.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Egbin Power Plc.
Egbin Power Plc, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Check More Jobs at ››› Egbin Power Plc
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: