Area Technical Officer needed at Airtel Nigeria. The position role includes, but is not limited to, coordinating, controlling, managing, supporting and tracking day to day network operations in the Area to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality and customer focus. The ideal candidate should possess Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus).
Area Technical Officer Job at Airtel Nigeria
Job Title: Area Technical Officer.
Job Location: Nationwide.
- Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Area Technical Officer in various locations within Nigeria.
- The role holder will be responsible for coordinating, controlling, managing, supporting and tracking day to day network operations in the Area to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality and customer focus.
- Providing local network support for both the Sales and marketing team in the Areas to ensure the overall network management and quality.
- The ATO is the Network SPOC in their respective area and executing arms of Network in the Region.
- Interface with Zonal Business Manager to understand commercial plans and determine required network support for same
- Support all power improvement and ensure OPEX saving initiatives are effectively implemented in the zone
- Ensure OPEX efficiency of MSC locations by ensuring prompt payment of utility bills, effectively managing the electricity distribution companies to avert power disconnections to the data centres and reduced diesel consumption
- Track and lead Correction of Zonal Network performance (Various Network KPIs and Network Availability)
- Manage MS Vendor partners to ensure all the Customer Complaints in the Zone are timely Resolve
- Network Interface to both internal and extern respective area and executing arms of Network in the Region.
- Ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable KPIs
- Responsible for all network-related activities (Operation / Performance / Customer Complain Resolution / Optimization / Deployment in the Zone
- Ensure the smooth rollout and deployment of sites and other network elements in the zone without impact on Customer Experience
- Regularly review the regional coverage and quality, and identify the coverage holes in the network. Inform Planning team for the issuance of the new nominal
- Ensure that special task/project required by HQ Technical is carried out in the Zone
- Ensure that MS and service providers in the region receive the necessary support from both the network local and central teams
- Support the validation of CAPEX request from MS partners
- Ensure the adherence to applicable regulatory requirements
- Follow up with all project activities in the zone
- Support and audit of all Transmission, Core and Radio Network and preventive maintenance schedule audit
- Review the capacity requirement in the Zone, lead the execution and validate the completion with the closure of issues
- Review and validate work orders created by MS and other vendors in the zone to ensure minimal disruptions to the business
- Work closely with MS Team and other service providers to prevent/reduce network failures
- Advise and ensure implementation of preventive activities by MS Team in order to improve network performance
- Monitor and dimension accurately for diesel requirement for Airtel owned sites
- Track and ensure that ISM vendors deliver on SLAs
- Ensure security and community issues do not cause delayed closure of sites
- Audit and support zonal spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical spares at the zonal warehouses
- Ensure that all network facilities are maintained in adherence to global best practices
- Ensure smooth deployment and operation of passive equipment such as Generators, Hybrid, PHCN, Telemetry and Hybrid power etc at all sites including Data Centre
- Driving the MS vendor and Passive infrastructure vendors aggressively to achieve maximum Active Preventive Maintenance and Passive Preventive Maintenance compliance
- Site visit to report snags on sites and ensure the correction is carried out by MS partner
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Cross-functional knowledge of Telecommunications Network
- 5-10 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 3-5 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
Application Deadline: 21st August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Airtel Nigeria.
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Check More Jobs at ››› Airtel Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: