Application Support Engineer needed at MTN Nigeria. The position role includes, but is not limited to, ensuring business growth, value created & cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimization, new initiatives and improved operations/ways of work etc. The ideal candidate should possess First degree in Computer Science or any related discipline.
Application Support Engineer Job at MTN Nigeria
Job Title: Application Support Engineer.
Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for the development of new applications, maintenance, support and upgrades to existing in-house developed applications. Involve in the investigation and analysis of user problems, application bugs, monitoring, reconciliation and subsequent problem resolution and technical testing of patches and solutions.
- Ensure business growth, value created & cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimization, new initiatives and improved operations/ways of work etc.
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Ensure Code applications is in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute technical test plans for operational and bug fixes.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture, design and development components into production environment
- Ensure the integrity of the solutions delivered into production environment.
- Perform reconciliations, proactive monitoring and ensure adequate service controls are in place.
- Must ensure customer experience of the services offered on the different platforms within expected Service Levels.
- Work with teams and departments external to the immediate team e.g. solution delivery, business users, infrastructure teams, vendors and other developers, to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Development and deployment of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) for seamless integration between applications.
- Development and deployment of bespoke applications as may be required to support the business needs.
- Automate business processes into a solution in a manner that productivity and efficiency are enhanced.
- Application development using a range of technologies
- PL/SQL and RDBMS development.
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications
- UNIX shell scripting.
- Design and develop reconciliation and performance tuning routines
- Develop and process archiving routines.
- Monitoring and reporting system performance identifying exceptions and unusual trends.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First degree in Computer Science or any related discipline
- 3 – 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Incident Management
- IT Security
- Cyber Crime Defender
- ISO 27001:2013 Foundation
- Cyber Security Certification
- Formal training in software development, support and maintenance principles, technology architecture and systems integration.
- Specific training on application development tools and programming languages, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Application Deadline: 27th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About MTN Nigeria.
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Check More Jobs at ››› MTN Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: