Airport Facilitator needed at British High Commission (BHC). The position role includes, but is not limited to, working on a rotational 24 hour 3 shift pattern, meeting and seeing off passengers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos. The ideal candidate should possess at least a minimum qualification of Ordinary National Diploma.
Airport Facilitator Job at British High Commission (BHC)
Job Title: Airport Facilitator.
Job Location: Lagos.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- To work in the Freight and Travel Section as Airport Facilitator responsible for meeting on arrival and seeing off officers, family members and visitors to the British Deputy High Commission at the Murtala Muhammed Local and International Airport in Lagos.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working on a rotational 24 hour 3 shift pattern, meeting and seeing off passengers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.
- Meeting and seeing off British diplomatic staff and their family members, Trade Mission delegates, British Government officials and visitors from other government departments/agencies such as British Council, MOD and DFID at the Airport.
- Processing of visas from other Diplomatic Missions in Lagos for UK based staff and their family members and Locally Engaged staff on official assignment.
- Preparing/Circulation of weekly staff movement schedules.
- Preparing/despatching official letters to MFA regarding airport passes for officers, Queen’s Messenger(s) visits and VVIP visits.
- Self-driving of assigned official vehicle to other diplomatic missions, MFA and other government agencies in Lagos for official duties.
- Processing of International Driving Permit and Certificate for Motor Vehicles.
- Absence cover for Line Manager when on leave or excused absence.
- Hotel Reservation for officers and official visitors of BDHC, PAGS.
- Assisting with preparation of freight clearance documentation and handling.
- Filing of documents for the section and performing other general tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Section.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must have at least a minimum qualification of Ordinary National Diploma.
- Must possess a valid Nigeria Driving Licence.
- Good Knowledge of Computer.
- Good oral and written communication skills and good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work late hours.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- MS Word and Excel. Previous experience working at the airport and or travel industry will be an added advantage.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- 24 hours 3 shift working pattern.
Application Deadline: 18th June, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About British High Commission (BHC).
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Check More Jobs at ››› British High Commission (BHC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: