Administrative Officer, Counter-Terrorism Job at British High Commission (BHC)
Job Title: Administrative Officer, Counter-Terrorism.
Job Location: Abuja.
Main Purpose of Job
- The CT Administrator provides support across the mission’s CT work
- They will report to the Head of CT Team and be responsible for providing support across the section, including the CT Police Liaison Officer (CTPLOs) and Aviation Security Liaison Officer (ASLO)
- The successful candidate will need excellent administration skills, and to be able to prioritise and cope well under pressure
- On any given day, they will be working to a variety of Chancery colleagues and across various projects, with changing circumstances and priorities
- They will need to be proactive (for example, resolving issues by a telephone call or visit where more appropriate), have good judgement (including knowing when to escalate issues to team members) and be highly organised, keeping track of deadlines and requests
- This will be a varied and interesting position – the jobholder can expect to get a good background on CT and aviation security work across the mission
- As well as the core duties set out in the job description, there will be scope to get out and about and more directly involved in your CT colleagues’ work, including on supporting deliver training or crisis exercising.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Routine administrative support including bulk printing/photocopying/collating briefing or training packs
- Meeting co-ordination, including booking internal or external rooms, making diary appointments or invitations and arranging IT/catering/etc as required
- Arranging programmes for official visitors, including making flight and hotel bookings, facilitating visas, and passing on information to visitors on issues such as security, invoicing etc.
- General support to the team including co-ordinating stationery orders, transport requests, IT requests, drafting of meeting agendas, invitations or other documents as required.
- Information management including managing the shared folder and ensuring paper and electronic filing, storage and security of documents (particularly key documents such as briefings, contracts, invoices)
- Establishing and maintaining a contacts list for Chancery CT colleagues.
- Supporting CTPLO work within Nigeria and the region including travel and accommodation bookings, and processing of expense claims.
- Supporting ASLO work within Nigeria and the region including travel and accommodation bookings, organising logistics for Capacity Development events and drafting of Note Verbales and other official correspondence.
- Ensuring ASLO Department for Transport expenditure records in-country are kept up to date and in line with FCO and DfT processes. Manage any programme budget and office expense reconciliation.
- Monitoring and assessing local media and other sources for news and developments in aviation security.
- Supporting Head of CT Team, including co-ordinating travel and appointments within Nigeria and the region and providing policy/stakeholder management support as delegated.
- Overall, co-ordinating administrative activities to ensure that the day-to-day operational needs of the team are met
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of providing administrative support in a busy working environment
- A high level of oral and written English skills
- Strong organisational skills including attending to detail, keeping track of deadlines, and ability to manage own work with limited supervision
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills including professional and confident communication with external stakeholders and team members
- IT skills including in MS Office applications Word and Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience of working with the UK or other governments, NGOs or similar oganisations
- Additional IT skills including PowerPoint
- Project management skills or experience
- Knowledge / interest in counter-terrorism and aviation security issues in Nigeria
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Application Deadline: 22nd August, 2018
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About British High Commission (BHC).
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Check More Jobs at ››› British High Commission (BHC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: