Accountant Job at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
Job Title: Accountant.
Job Location: Lagos.
- Prepares forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and, directs their work activities.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, financial reports and other financial statements to assess accuracy and ensure these reports conform to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare financial statements that may include monthly, quarterly and annual accounts based on financial information that is compiled and organized.
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, financial forecasts, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses to provide effective advice and reporting where and when required.
- Advising on expenditure and revenue trends.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, prepare periodic reports, and compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Liaise with Manager – Procurement/Garmtrade to develop, implement, modify and document record keeping, inventory management and accounting system using current technology.
- Work closely with HR and Admin department to administer payroll and other functions related to remuneration of staff
- Administration of staff salaries, other benefits and compensation.
- Administration of competitive product prices and tariffs on services.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments of government taxes and levies.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by analyzing account information and substantiating financial transactions by conducting document audits.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups and maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Ensure proper and effective accounting procedure by researching and interpreting accounting policy regulations
- Maintain confidentiality with operations and customer confidence.
- Accomplishes results and contributes to team efforts by performing required duties
Required Skills and Competencies:
- HND/B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Must be ACCA or ICAN certified
- Knowledge of basic accounting software usage such as Peachtree or Sage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Clients (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Must have previous experience dealing with reconciliations, invoices, and sales ledgers.
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strategic planning and thinking abilities.
- Articulate with adequate communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong team-building abilities, and negotiation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to apply initiative in executing tasks.
- Age limit: 30 years and below
Application Deadline: 29th August, 2018.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Use the job title as subject of your application.
About Garmspot Nigeria Limited.
Garmspot Nigeria Limited is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products. We aim to be the leading supplier of the best brands NigeriaAfrica has to offer. Using our web platform, Garmspot delivers pieces to our clientele from our regional centre in Lagos to all the corners of the world.
Check More Jobs at ››› Garmspot Nigeria Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: